TotalRL.com is Back!

Well that was a fun weekend...

Regular visitors will have noticed the forum, in fact the entire site, was down over the weekend.

This was due to a catastrophic system failure on the web server, which we had to get reprovisioned and then restore everything from backups.

The backup is from the early hours of Friday 15th March, so you'll notice a big gap in posts between then and now. 

I wasted my time posting all them flippin' match threads, that's for sure!!

Anyway, it's all (hopefully) working again now. It might be a bit slow for a while, as there are a few tweaks that still need to  be made on the new server to get it running efficiently, but if you spot any glitches, please post the details here and I'll investigate any as they pop up.

Thanks.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 32

31 minutes ago, Damien said:

At least it was over a weekend, many peoples productivity at work would have suspiciously gone through the roof if it had been over a couple of weekdays!

It's times like this you realise how much mental energy you put into posting. Without here as an outlet imagine the works we all completed over the weekend in other aspects of our lives. 48 hours off here and I was able to move a glass of water across the table with just the power of my mind.

Thanks to John et al as always for huge efforts they put in to keep this thing going!

Edited by DI Keith Fowler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

@John Drake not wanting to put a downer on things but it seems awfully slow to me with loads of timeout errors.

Yes you're right, it was. 😒

I've made some further tweaks on the server, to see if that helps.

Fingers crossed... 🤞

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Fingers crossed... 🤞

It seems quicker than it was earlier today.

Great work getting the website back, by the way.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Fingers crossed... 🤞

Like lightning now! Many thanks for all your efforts.

• Thanks 1

Thank you John for getting things back up and running so quickly.

If the round wasn't commented on, did it actually happen? Just asking for a Hull fan...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, johnh1 said:

I think it was OF who sabotaged the forum in view of the performance of Hull FC!

I can’t believe that otherwise this site would’ve been crashing every other week for the last few years. 

• Haha 1

• John Drake changed the title to TotalRL.com is Back!
18 hours ago, johnh1 said:

I think it was OF who sabotaged the forum in view of the performance of Hull FC!

Having discussed the matter with him, I can confirm the plan was for it to be down until after Easter.

• Haha 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

At the risk of tempting fate, it all seems to be working ok now, so I'm going to unpin this thread.

Thanks for all the feedback, and your patience in waiting for the site to come back online!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3