BBC 2016 preview, no Rugby League

Haven't been on this forum for ages. Came back just to see if there'd been any friendlies today and the first thing I read is rugby league fans feeling sorry for themselves.

Nothing changes.

I do not think that. We are only pointing the injustice of continually being ignored by the Bbc.

Whilst disappointing, maybe it would help if the Four Nations details had been released. It's now 2016 and no details are out; we don't learn...

to be fair though, the bbc know that they will be showing live challenge cup, four nations, plus sl highlights

Haven't been on this forum for ages. Came back just to see if there'd been any friendlies today and the first thing I read is rugby league fans feeling sorry for themselves.

Nothing changes.

Did you whine that time too?

It really is ridiculous the disdain BBC seem to have for our sport at times.

Whilst disappointing, maybe it would help if the Four Nations details had been released. It's now 2016 and no details are out; we don't learn...

We are talking about a trailer which makes no reference to timings or venues so how would the information you request make a difference one way or the other to the compilation of such a trailer?

Don't know why people are surprised, we're lucky if we get trailers on sky now

True - last night Sky ran a trailer on Sky 1 with the 'voice over' along the lines of "Sign up to Sky Sports and you can watch all these great sports in 2016" ...showed more than a dozen different sports - but guess which one was conspicuous by it's absence ..... :(

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

no surprise to me.............just watched football focus...........after the programme guess what ?......a full blown over the top advert lasting 2 minutes for......the 6 nations . god help us .

And after that Saturday Sports Day, which had a profile on Kevin Sinfield and while it mentioned his success with RL it was more about his switch to Union

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Without seeing the trailer, I would have thought that the events included in the preview have a higher national and international profile than that of RL, that is why they are included.

I for one feel that the BBCs commitment to RL is lacklustre (not that the Beeb should be persecuted for it) and a commercially driven terrestrial partner would be a healthy shake up.

Until the governing bodies of RL and club management can do a suitable job of managing and promoting a very much regionalised sport to be in the conscious of a national audience, we should not expect change from the media.

Without seeing the trailer, I would have thought that the events included in the preview have a higher national and international profile than that of RL, that is why they are included.

I for one feel that the BBCs commitment to RL is lacklustre (not that the Beeb should be persecuted for it) and a commercially driven terrestrial partner would be a healthy shake up.

Until the governing bodies of RL and club management can do a suitable job of managing and promoting a very much regionalised sport to be in the conscious of a national audience, we should not expect change from the media.

The only thing they have in common is that they are to be shown by the BBC as part of its sport lineup.

What constitutes BBC persecution?

Broadcasters such as the BBC and Sky are responsible for their programmes not the RFL. And up to now  (although not exclusively) the BBC and Sky broadcast RL nationally. Infact the RFL do not promote RL as regional it is the BBC that goes out of its way to do so.

Did you whine that time too?

It really is ridiculous the disdain BBC seem to have for our sport at times.

I think you've misread my post. The thread is the whine here.

Rugby league fans really need to ditch their inferiority complexes. Wailing and gnashing our teeth every time we perceive some injustice simply makes us look a bit desperate, which isn't an attractive quality to possess.

I think you've misread my post. The thread is the whine here.

Rugby league fans really need to ditch their inferiority complexes. Wailing and gnashing our teeth every time we perceive some injustice simply makes us look a bit desperate, which isn't an attractive quality to possess.

A rather reductive and wholly inaccurate interpretation. 

Archived