Challenge Cup 5th Round Draw

Just now, Derwent said:

It’s only 50/50 of the ticket sales after the deduction of the costs of staging the game (stadium costs, stewarding and other staff costs etc).

The financial advantage of being at home is that the Home club keeps 100% of the ancillary income such as bar and food takings, match programme sales, car parking plus any additional commercial income they can generate through corporate hospitality, match sponsorship etc

Even more reason there’s nothing but the game itself for amateur teams. I bet some amateur teams don’t even get the cost of hiring a bus to the match and back.

rldfsignature.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

if you don't want to play in the cup send your C team for some minutes and get knocked out..bam! But to not participate at all is rude...so French! lol 

Should be mandatory for all, respect the Cup.

Please give us a break.

Last year, Toulouse aligned a Young team for the cup and received exactly the same critic " blabla lack of respect blabla". so wether you do it with a light team or not, same result.

truth is that if every body is urging to "respect the cup", it is because every body feels that there is not as much interest as Before for it... because of SL, because... I dont know... whatever it is , Toulouse is not the cause of it.

next year, if Toulouse goes to SL and receive large fundings in order to strengthen (a Lot) the squad and have a chance of doing something great with the cup (1/4 or 1/2), I am sure the club will be up to it.

I will be delight to see Toronto in quarter or semi final (or in final) of the cup (I wish your team success...). What matters for Toulouse is SL. as long as Toulouse win the MPG over Toronto, your team can win the cup, i will be really happy for you :D

Trust Rovers and York will keep their dates apart. This is a great opportunity for York to fill their stadium and really have a party in the bars.A Sunday game could see a big turnout from East Hull,hitting York a good 3 hours before kick off. 

What a draw ....Catalans v a very strong 3rd tier side .

An upset and a Rovers win at Oldham leading to a local Derby between us would be a dream outcome!

31 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Trust Rovers and York will keep their dates apart. This is a great opportunity for York to fill their stadium and really have a party in the bars.A Sunday game could see a big turnout from East Hull,hitting York a good 3 hours before kick off. 

An upset and a Rovers win at Oldham leading to a local Derby between us would be a dream outcome!

Why not advertise it to the Catalan supporters as part of a weekend break in one of our most historic cities?

The plum ties to me are York vs Catalans and Barrow vs Toronto.

Hopefully one of the two will get chosen if the BBC are being fairly romantic about it.

Part of me fears they might choose Warrington-Bradford for the sake of viewing figures from both fanbases - although surely it would be too much of a mismatch at this time.

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Even more reason there’s nothing but the game itself for amateur teams. I bet some amateur teams don’t even get the cost of hiring a bus to the match and back.

The home club has to pay for the traveling team's expenses - coach hire and a "reasonable" allowance for meals.

Section A3.13 of the RFL Operational Rules gives all the detail for how the gate receipts are to be divided up.

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

It must be exciting to be a York fan these days...and now Catalans!  What a true turn around!

It certainly is, and after what we've been through with our old regime ruining the club it's all the more sweet. I knew we could do it if we had someone worthy in charge.

Just to have people talking about the club in a positive light is worth the entrance fee on a Sunday, nevermind the quality of RL we are putting on.

I'm loving it!

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

A Sunday game could see a big turnout from East Hull,hitting York a good 3 hours before kick off. 

Time enough to visit the Jorvik Museum, which commemorates the first ever big turnout from the East Coast to arrive at York. :wink: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

56 minutes ago, JonM said:

The home club has to pay for the traveling team's expenses - coach hire and a "reasonable" allowance for meals.

Section A3.13 of the RFL Operational Rules gives all the detail for how the gate receipts are to be divided up.

Thanks John. I didn't realise that.

rldfsignature.jpg

4 hours ago, Fabou said:

I will be delight to see Toronto in quarter or semi final (or in final) of the cup (I wish your team success...). What matters for Toulouse is SL. as long as Toulouse win the MPG over Toronto, your team can win the cup, i will be really happy for you :D

it will be the french derby, Toulouse vs Catalans in the MPG. we will finish top 3 :tongue:

5 hours ago, Fabou said:

Please give us a break.

Last year, Toulouse aligned a Young team for the cup and received exactly the same critic " blabla lack of respect blabla". so wether you do it with a light team or not, same result.

truth is that if every body is urging to "respect the cup", it is because every body feels that there is not as much interest as Before for it... because of SL, because... I dont know... whatever it is , Toulouse is not the cause of it.

next year, if Toulouse goes to SL and receive large fundings in order to strengthen (a Lot) the squad and have a chance of doing something great with the cup (1/4 or 1/2), I am sure the club will be up to it.

It's no biggie for me, but I disgaree. I know why they did it and I think it's tremendously poor form from Toulouse.

Give-us-more-central-funding-and-with-a-better-squad-we'll-deign-to-give-it-a-crack doesn't cut it for me at all.

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

The plum ties to me are York vs Catalans and Barrow vs Toronto.

Hopefully one of the two will get chosen if the BBC are being fairly romantic about it.

Part of me fears they might choose Warrington-Bradford for the sake of viewing figures from both fanbases - although surely it would be too much of a mismatch at this time.

Warrington - Bradford ?

I must have missed the Hunslet v Bradford 4th round game.

17 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Doncaster v Featherstone (Rovers are currently easing aside NWC) looks pretty tasty to me.

Yes, and  think it'll be a decent measure of how good Donny are shaping up to be this season....they've got off to a bit of a flyer so far..

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Halifax obligingly losing to Oldham last night means a coming together of one of the truly great RL Challenge Cup rivalries, Oldham v Hull KR.

Brings a nostalgic tear to my eye thinking of all those months ago (23 1/2 wasn't it?) when the mighty Roughyeds avoided a potential banana skin by beating the previous season's finalists (I think they came second :huh:) Hull KR in a titanic battle in East Hull.

Oh, what memories...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

There will be no kr players that day ?

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Time enough to visit the Jorvik Museum, which commemorates the first ever big turnout from the East Coast to arrive at York. :wink: 

To be fair, they only ransacked the place when they found out the Humber was closed for essential maintenance and they had to get the ox cart back from Selby.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Scuse  me gav. The point I was making was that we’re not going to get any kr fans coming to the game cos none of their players will be playing. Besides I think everyone already knows my views on dual reg

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

22 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

York v Catalan could be a cracker.  York look pretty decent to me and Catalan are dreadful. 

If it doesn't get selected for TV, I might even forgo the Fev/Donny game and go along to this one.

Has a League 1 team ever beaten a Super League side?

Only once that I can remember...

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/sampson-salutes-his-giant-killers-1-2094900

53 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Scuse  me gav. The point I was making was that we’re not going to get any kr fans coming to the game cos none of their players will be playing. Besides I think everyone already knows my views on dual reg

Sorry, thought Kieron Moss was now cup tied to York and Ben Cockayne and Jubby were playing for York. Just read Red Army group and similar to see the level of support Rovers fans are giving York. The club even has the same main shirt sponsor as Rovers!

Compared to Wigan away on a weekday night (and similar) York is on the doorstep. We discovered last year that games outside the SL can be more interesting and create a great social event.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

So what? We didn't have any against Swinton either.

Honestly Deano change the record mate, its getting really boring now.

Gav...a high profile Ontario JR A hockey team just tried something new on their 50/50 draw for the last game of the season....halftime time take was something like $24 000.  They offered like 100 50/50 tickets for $20(far more than the usual tickets but the same price) as a one time game offer....I guess they sold like mad.   might be worth looking into.

They are called the Kitchener Rangers...I'm sure they would fill you in if you contacted them.

Hope This Helps,

Kayakman

22 hours ago, yipyee said:

Hate this emphasis on away support... clubs should stop trying to leach off other clubs and focus on growing their own support! 

Away support should be a bonus not a crutch! 

I understand your point to a degree but I think every small club in all sports cup competitions wants to draw a side with a good away support. 

Financially it can set a side up for years. Also fans of small clubs don't often have the opportunity to sample a big match atmosphere. 

Without the financial incentive there would be no point the smaller clubs entering the cups.

8 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Assuming Barrow did finally get all passports sorted out do you think they might give home advantage away to make more money out of the tie .......?

I am sure Toronto were drawn at home. I think maybe the Challenge cup games are not played in Canada.and are switched here?

Archived