costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

19 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

We have just signed 5 of Bradford's players for a substantial transfer fee, believed to be in the region of £100k.

The players are half-backs Joe Keyes and Rowan Milnes, back-rowers Elliot Minchella and Matthew Storton and prop-forward Anesu Mudoti, who have all signed three-year deals with Rovers from the 2020 campaign.

£100k is not substantial, it's absolute peanuts for the quality - and you'd know that if you knew the players.  Plus you've already got Ethan Ryan and, crucially, John Bastian.  This is shameless raiding once again with the opportunity delivered by incompetent owner number 5 approved by the RFL as a safe pair of hands just two years ago.  It's just like the last time and the time before and the time before that.

We have the uncomfortable prospect of playing against some of these players if they DR with Dewsbury.  A club owned by now a significant decision making person at (was going to say Odsal) Bradford where we will also be playing our matches. What happens if it's the last game of the season and Dewsbury have to play us to see who stays up?

Honestly what is the point any more?

• Like 4

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Northern Eel , I would not profess to know if the £500,000 debt has been run up over the last two years as same as the "keyboard warriors" I am not on the Board of Directors at the Bulls so I am not privy to how the money has been lost. I would however hazard a guess,and it is a guess, that a vast majority of the debt has accrued because of the running costs of Odsal.But I am sure somebody will post on here that they know.Anyway off for my game of golf now. 

So if you are hazarding a guess then are you not one of the so called "keyboard warriors"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

£100k is not substantial, it's absolute peanuts for the quality - and you'd know that if you knew the players.  Plus you've already got Ethan Ryan and, crucially, John Bastian.  This is shameless raiding once again with the opportunity delivered by incompetent owner number 5 approved by the RFL as a safe pair of hands just two years ago.  It's just like the last time and the time before and the time before that.

We have the uncomfortable prospect of playing against some of these players if they DR with Dewsbury.  A club owned by now a significant decision making person at (was going to say Odsal) Bradford where we will also be playing our matches. What happens if it's the last game of the season and Dewsbury have to play us to see who stays up?

Honestly what is the point any more?

It's just a complete and utter mess the majority of which could and should have been avoided.

I have a lot of sympathy for fans like you who must be at the end of their tether with the consistent poor running of what is, at the end of the day, your club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So Mark Sawyer ( Fans owner ) is now the spokesperson for Bradford ? 

He must be very close to crossing, if he hasn't already, the line making him an Influential Person at the Bulls.........

30 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

He must be very close to crossing, if he hasn't already, the line making him an Influential Person at the Bulls.........

Be interesting to take that up in proper Court (not some RFL rubber stamp committee). 

Mumby,

Stop being positive,you know that is taboo on this forum. You are the 2nd poster on here now to be positive,now behave yourself and complain about everything to do with the Bulls same as the so called supporter of the Bulls, Wolford.

Nice to see you are in the T&A again Wolford,by the way.

• Like 1

Has anyone asked how Andrew Chalmers has managed to run up a personal 6 figure debt while in charge of the Bulls? Seen as though rumours seem to suggest that he is one of the biggest creditors and is now willing to write that debt off I would think the fans have a right to know how that debt has been accumulated and where that money actually came from. Does the debt even exist and does it explain the delay in the filing of the accounts which seemed to be one of the reasons CB pulled out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Has anyone asked how Andrew Chalmers has managed to run up a personal 6 figure debt while in charge of the Bulls? Seen as though rumours seem to suggest that he is one of the biggest creditors and is now willing to write that debt off I would think the fans have a right to know how that debt has been accumulated and where that money actually came from. Does the debt even exist and does it explain the delay in the filing of the accounts which seemed to be one of the reasons CB pulled out.

No change of share ownership or Company officers posted as yet - has the deal actually completed?

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No change of share ownership or Company officers posted as yet - has the deal actually completed?

If not then who is sanctioning the asset strip and which creditors are getting their money back and do they have links with the people taking over?

34 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Mumby,

Stop being positive,you know that is taboo on this forum. You are the 2nd poster on here now to be positive,now behave yourself and complain about everything to do with the Bulls same as the so called supporter of the Bulls, Wolford.

Nice to see you are in the T&A again Wolford,by the way.

Why are you getting so touchy about people expressing understandable cynicism over the fifth (?) change of ownership at Bradford Bulls this decade?

• Like 8

Tongue in cheek Gav. You know as well as I do that the vast majority of posters on this forum are not happy unless they are complaining about owners,players, referees,linesmen,anything,unless of course it is their club that is getting the benefit.Without trying to be patronising Gav. I can honestly say you are one of the few who I have never seen belittling anything to do with R.L..I fully understand your point about cynicism concerning the Bulls,I have been a Northern/Bulls supporter since 1950 so believe me I have seen everything concerning the club.Maybe I am one of the unfortunate ones who prefers to give somebody the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. Just one of the last posts is basically calling Mr. Sawyer a liar for saying that Andrew Chalmers is owed a six figure sum which he has wavered,Where has the money come from,he asks,quite probably out of his own family money,why should he have to explain that to anybody,never mind a gossip monger.Then he goes on to say that Halifax are owed monies from the Bulls when once again Mr. Sawyer has quite clearly stated that all clubs except one have been paid.That club is not Halifax,so once again he is calling Mr. Sawyer a liar. One states that next years funds from the R.F.L. have already been paid when once again Mr.Sawyer categorically denies that it is not the case,once again casting aspersions on Mr.Sawyers honesty.So you might possibly see Gav.,that even though the Bulls are far from innocent in all the shenanigans that have gone on in the last 10 years to call a person who is willingly to put his money and his reputation on the line should not be treated the way he is.I doubt very much though that he will take much notice of gossips who have nothing better to do with their lives only moan,moan,moan.On a separate note Gav. it is good to see your club is almost ready to move to your new ground and hopefully I will be able to pay a visit there when I am back in the  U.K. after Christmas. That is if Brexit will allow me Gav..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There you are all you "barrack room lawyers" who are casting doubts on the legality of the recent takeover of Bradford Bulls and of the developments over the taking over of the lease etc. at Odsal. A Rugby League statement regarding the matters you all seem to know about. Mind you I do appreciate it is a waste of time making this statement available as you all will in no doubt know better.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

There you are all you "barrack room lawyers" who are casting doubts on the legality of the recent takeover of Bradford Bulls and of the developments over the taking over of the lease etc. at Odsal. A Rugby League statement regarding the matters you all seem to know about. Mind you I do appreciate it is a waste of time making this statement available as you all will in no doubt know better.

It's a meangless a statement because it will not talk about the important issues. "It's all hunky dory  but we will not tell you who the owners are and what the connection is with Dewsbury.'

Oh... 'and don't worry Odsal is only "mothballed" ...'

Give me a break...

• Like 1

Rupert Prince, 

I am not really bothered about your opinions as to date I have never seen one of your posts that makes any sense anyway.Once again all you can do is knock. 

As for give you a break, I will do,you are now on ignore,no more having to answer to your rubbish.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

I just wonder fairfolly if you were as positive about the last 4 new startups as you appear to be about this one. You can surely not knock Woolford or anyone else, for being sceptical after what they have been through in the last few years, after all they have seen it all before regularly.

Myself i really miss Bradford in S league I wish none of this stuff had ever happened but i do think it is turning into a farce, but then Rugby league in general is something of a farce, trouble is i don't really like any other sport enough , Hope this time it works out.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

51 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

I just wonder fairfolly if you were as positive about the last 4 new startups as you appear to be about this one. You can surely not knock Woolford or anyone else, for being sceptical after what they have been through in the last few years, after all they have seen it all before regularly.

Myself i really miss Bradford in S league I wish none of this stuff had ever happened but i do think it is turning into a farce, but then Rugby league in general is something of a farce, trouble is i don't really like any other sport enough , Hope this time it works out.

Exactly and I think that’s the general hope on here.

If they can get their act together the Champs will be an even better comp this time around and more level playing field.

Odsal mothballed is another thing though.

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Presumably like almost all other Rugby League club owners he put his own cash in to support the operating deficit.

But, no, I imagine some conspiracy is much more likely.

Painting something commonplace as dramatic, or worse, isn't helpful - for we could also state that a Mr Lenagan has run up a personal seven figure debt whilst in charge of Wigan and a Mr Hughes has run up a personal eight figure debt whilst in charge of London.

Edited by M j M
  • Like 1

I have to admit I am one who is happy to give the benefit of the doubt to anybody who is willing to put their money and their reputations on the line.I also admit that it could backfire, I have not known any of the previous owners personally but I did know somebody who worked for Green who did say he was not to be trusted,he was right,I was wrong. As for Khan, I did know he was a dodgy character as it was general knowledge concerning his business ventures and his accomplice who bankrupt up to six companies,It seems his accomplice was basically a professional conman.added to that I also knew the councillor involved with the debacle.I thought he was a genuine bloke,and still do, but he was conned into the venture and was still regretting being conned to this day.So, no,I was not convinced by this chap. As far as the new takeover, once again I do not know Mr,Sawyer but base my opinion on the fact that he is the Chairman at Dewsbury and has been for a while,so I think he can be trusted, I may be wrong but I doubt it very much. As for Nigel Wood,I have known him since his school days. My son was in the same form as he was and I have met and spoke to him several times.I have not agreed with lots of the decisions he has made and I think he knows that but he is paid to make the decisions not me.As for some people saying he has not got any money, they do not know what they are talking about, Nigel Wood is not short of money by a long way and once again it has been common knowledge for a couple of years now by "people in the know" that he was destined to be involved at Bradford in the not to distant future.As for Andrew Chalmers,I know nothing about the fellow only his past involving Salford and N.Z.R.L but whether he has the money or not I do not know. However I will take Mr Sawyers word for it that he was owed a six figure sum which he has waived. Why would Mr Sawyer say that if it was untrue. So ,no I have not been in agreement with all that has gone on at Bradford in the last 10 years,far from it, but I will take the word of Mr Sawyer before the guesswork of a lot of the posters on here. And just to contradict the idiot who has posted that Bradford will be a full time team next year,absolute nonsense, John Kear has been given a basic budget,no way in this world can any club run a full time squad,a reserve team, an academy and a womens team on a basic budget. What the budget is has still not been announced but I can assure the poster that there will not be 10 players on £25000 per season has he implies. As far as Wolford is concerned,being a Bulls supporter he never has a good word to say about the club, knocks the players and the coach,so why he calls himself a supporter I do not know. And as I have said in previous posts I have supported, sponsored, been a Vice President etc,etc, since 1950 so believe me I have seen it all at Bradford.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

I have to admit I am one who is happy to give the benefit of the doubt to anybody who is willing to put their money and their reputations on the line.I also admit that it could backfire, I have not known any of the previous owners personally but I did know somebody who worked for Green who did say he was not to be trusted,he was right,I was wrong. As for Khan, I did know he was a dodgy character as it was general knowledge concerning his business ventures and his accomplice who bankrupt up to six companies,It seems his accomplice was basically a professional conman.added to that I also knew the councillor involved with the debacle.I thought he was a genuine bloke,and still do, but he was conned into the venture and was still regretting being conned to this day.So, no,I was not convinced by this chap. As far as the new takeover, once again I do not know Mr,Sawyer but base my opinion on the fact that he is the Chairman at Dewsbury and has been for a while,so I think he can be trusted, I may be wrong but I doubt it very much. As for Nigel Wood,I have known him since his school days. My son was in the same form as he was and I have met and spoke to him several times.I have not agreed with lots of the decisions he has made and I think he knows that but he is paid to make the decisions not me.As for some people saying he has not got any money, they do not know what they are talking about, Nigel Wood is not short of money by a long way and once again it has been common knowledge for a couple of years now by "people in the know" that he was destined to be involved at Bradford in the not to distant future.As for Andrew Chalmers,I know nothing about the fellow only his past involving Salford and N.Z.R.L but whether he has the money or not I do not know. However I will take Mr Sawyers word for it that he was owed a six figure sum which he has waived. Why would Mr Sawyer say that if it was untrue. So ,no I have not been in agreement with all that has gone on at Bradford in the last 10 years,far from it, but I will take the word of Mr Sawyer before the guesswork of a lot of the posters on here. And just to contradict the idiot who has posted that Bradford will be a full time team next year,absolute nonsense, John Kear has been given a basic budget,no way in this world can any club run a full time squad,a reserve team, an academy and a womens team on a basic budget. What the budget is has still not been announced but I can assure the poster that there will not be 10 players on £25000 per season has he implies. As far as Wolford is concerned,being a Bulls supporter he never has a good word to say about the club, knocks the players and the coach,so why he calls himself a supporter I do not know. And as I have said in previous posts I have supported, sponsored, been a Vice President etc,etc, since 1950 so believe me I have seen it all at Bradford.

1st team budget will be twice that of Dewsbury - that was announced/stated at the 1st forum.

48 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

You don't see 567 word paragraphs everyday. 

• Like 3

It has to be the quickest action, by the RFL, including their transparency by informing the public about it. 

The quickest ever, without mentioning the due diligence which they obviously conducted into the new owners is impressive. 

But where are the same demands that were made to the previous owners? 

It ensured fixtures were completed and contained certain financial demands. 

I was hoping for better from Mr Johnson. 

The rules and regulations seem to be altered at the whim of the governing body. 

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.