Newcastle submit Championship application

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Huge congrats to Newcastle.  Right decision with top class facilites,  academy and ground.  Dont think it was their only chance to go up when they were 15 mins away last season and they dont need to compete at the top straight away but they wont get relegated.  Championship is stacked now regardless of who goes up.  Newcastle are a positive story for everyone. 

Won’t get relegated ? As things stand unless they have some decent recruits lined up they are absolute certs to go down. Same with the other candidates apart from possibly Barrow who have recruited well.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

17 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Huge congrats to Newcastle.  Right decision with top class facilites,  academy and ground.  Dont think it was their only chance to go up when they were 15 mins away last season and they dont need to compete at the top straight away but they wont get relegated.  Championship is stacked now regardless of who goes up.  Newcastle are a positive story for everyone. 

They were Favourites last season in the second and third  place final and lost to an average Oldham squad having spent a lot of money again. . As someone has said, the current squad are nailed on relegation but I am sure they will make some interesting changes now they have been appointed a place. 

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

wonder who will get the Friday night magic game?

Bradford / Leigh / Widnes

At this year's postponed magic thunder were supposed to be playing Doncaster at St James as the opening game on the Saturday so probably will be the same next year just not donny.

Friday at kingston park was going to be the reserves and the academy teams playing there counterparts from leeds.

59 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Won’t get relegated ? As things stand unless they have some decent recruits lined up they are absolute certs to go down. Same with the other candidates apart from possibly Barrow who have recruited well.

You think they’ll be a lot weaker than Oldham or Whitehaven?

8 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

At this year's postponed magic thunder were supposed to be playing Doncaster at St James as the opening game on the Saturday so probably will be the same next year just not donny.

Friday at kingston park was going to be the reserves and the academy teams playing there counterparts from leeds.

I forgot about that. Hopefully Newcastle play at Magic on Day One next year, then. Preferably against one of the teams who are vying for promotion, but ultimately don’t get promoted. 

Not really surprised Newcastle got the nod, not too sure what their home crowds were though, but I guess not many in league 1 (last season) got over 1K for a game. Hopefully they will get 4 figure crowds in the championship.I know they are ambitous, but you can't fulfil that without speccys.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Academy pathway, grassroots clubs and community work are three things that Newcastle have ticked and personally, I think Bradford probably tick those too. The “on-field ambition” is pretty ambiguous though. 

Suits Toulouse more as its exansion of the player pool along with expansion of potential viewers/fans

22 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Not really surprised Newcastle got the nod, not too sure what their home crowds were though, but I guess not many in league 1 (last season) got over 1K for a game. Hopefully they will get 4 figure crowds in the championship.I know they are ambitous, but you can't fulfil that without speccys.

I think they do a lot of community work to get fans in like kids playing a HT etc.

This then brings paying adults and is a trick saints and wigan do

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

But the season doesn't start tomorrow,they will obviously recruit a higher quality player now they have moved up a level which will enable them to at least compete with the Oldham's,Swinton's and Whitehaven's of the division.

Archived