Toulouse imploding

It's a conspiracy! Wakefield and Salford those teams that are a disgrace to SL have concocted this deal between themselves to make sure Tolouse are at a disadvantage. 

However there is a plus side to this. If Wakey win just get some satisfaction that a well known poster on these forums will be really miffed.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Escare, Robson and Ashall-Bott getting first team game time has to be a good thing?

OAB isn't on loan though, he's signed until 2024

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

True and he looks a great prospect!

Fingers crossed. We need a decent replacement for Kheirallah. If Hankinson keeps kicking duty that would mean OAB can concentrate on being effective

If there is ever a good time to face Saints, next weekend could be it for Toulouse. Batchelor is definitely out after failing a HIA and Matautia and Walmsley picked up knocks in the second half last night and there were, prior to the season starting, three unvaccinated players at Saints, so there’s potential for quite a number to be missing through injury/unavailability. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jughead said:

If there is ever a good time to face Saints, next weekend could be it for Toulouse. Batchelor is definitely out after failing a HIA and Matautia and Walmsley picked up knocks in the second half last night and there were, prior to the season starting, three unvaccinated players at Saints, so there’s potential for quite a number to be missing through injury/unavailability. 

I agree. Toulouse have nothing to lose in this game. I wouldn’t be surprised to also see Saints rest a few players, similar to the London games a few seasons back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Sssh,don’t tell Harry,Saints might field a weakened team against a relegation contender !!

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Jughead said:

The need for vaccination to enter stadium finishes on Monday, 

Edited by barnyia

Toulouse need an experienced half back to compliment Gigot. Gigot is playing well but cannot resist the speculator over the percentage play - that is who he is. 

I know they won't but Anthony Milford is currently sat in the stands without an NRL club. I'm sure he would consider a short term gig to put himself in the NRL and SL shop window.

Toulouse clearly aren't going to implode - they're a highly professional organisation with some decent backing. 

They'll give a good account of themselves and on the odd day that'll be enough to sneak a win against an undercooked or injury-wracked opponent. As long as they hold up injury wise themsleves. 

But over a whole season? The squad just isn't strong enough to win enough games to stay up. I'm not sure the quitters would have made a fundamental difference to that analysis, and I dont see where they add sufficient quality from mid-season. 

And of course, all this was highly predictable and would have applied to whoever had gone up. That's the system. 

But I hope they enjoy the ride and can do some good work spreading the RL gospel in Toulouse. 

10 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Toulouse clearly aren't going to implode - they're a highly professional organisation with some decent backing. 

They'll give a good account of themselves and on the odd day that'll be enough to sneak a win against an undercooked or injury-wracked opponent. As long as they hold up injury wise themsleves. 

But over a whole season? The squad just isn't strong enough to win enough games to stay up. I'm not sure the quitters would have made a fundamental difference to that analysis, and I dont see where they add sufficient quality from mid-season. 

And of course, all this was highly predictable and would have applied to whoever had gone up. That's the system. 

But I hope they enjoy the ride and can do some good work spreading the RL gospel in Toulouse. 

What you say is small consolation to me when every year union gets another year closer to dropping off two players and making their game a more appealing spectacle, like League you might say. The last thing we need now is Toulouse dropping back off the radar, for god knows how long, when we have an opportunity to make inroads into another union stronghold.

We don`t need Toulouse back in Super League in 3 years time we need them in Super League permanently now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

What you say is small consolation to me when every year union gets another year closer to dropping off two players and making their game a more appealing spectacle, like League you might say. The last thing we need now is Toulouse dropping back off the radar, for god knows how long, when we have an opportunity to make inroads into another union stronghold.

We don`t need Toulouse back in Super League in 3 years time we need them in Super League permanently now.

I dont see any serious reorginisation that doesnt include the two french teams. 

7 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

May I introduce you to every other club in SL and the Championship.... 

And none of those are based in a market that can seriously produce players who can play against England, thus significantly increasing our sports commercial income and exposure.  

The key is internationals, everything else must be secondary.  

• Like 3

On 10/03/2022 at 12:08, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

This 20 page thread on Toulouse imploding is going to look daft if they beat Wakefield. Maybe the title could then be changed to Wakefield imploding.

Talking about imploding what happened against Hull?😂

Edited by Forever Trinity

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

And none of those are based in a market that can seriously produce players who can play against England, thus significantly increasing our sports commercial income and exposure.  

The key is internationals, everything else must be secondary.  

My attempt at wit was rather feeble - I agree with what you say, it's just that I don't see any other club in the top two divisions bring able to make the leap to lock in the two French clubs long term. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

My attempt at wit was rather feeble - I agree with what you say, it's just that I don't see any other club in the top two divisions bring able to make the leap to lock in the two French clubs long term. 

Which is fair enough.  For me it is 50 50 with a World Cup coming and one supposed to be in France. Add long term aim of getting one game a week on C4 and we need more teams without loops.

Its a compromise.

13 hours ago, Jughead said:

This should keep the saints score below 50 then

• Haha 1

Before the season kicked off, I saw Toulouse getting thrashed each week. The team has had some decent recruits and are starting to get up to speed with SL In fact, Toulouse aren’t that far off where they need to be to pick up enough wins to stay up. The problem is they can’t leave it too late to start getting some of those wins. Otherwise it will be a case of too little, too late.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 hours ago, RayCee said:

Before the season kicked off, I saw Toulouse getting thrashed each week. The team has had some decent recruits and are starting to get up to speed with SL In fact, Toulouse aren’t that far off where they need to be to pick up enough wins to stay up. The problem is they can’t leave it too late to start getting some of those wins. Otherwise it will be a case of too little, too late.

I think that’s Toulouse’s big problem by the time they get up to speed quite a few of the games they would be targeting for wins will have already gone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I think that’s Toulouse’s big problem by the time they get up to speed quite a few of the games they would be targeting for wins will have already gone. 

Indeed.  Their run in, to the end of the season, is difficult.  If any better players are available now, then they need to act quickly imo.  

5 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Indeed.  Their run in, to the end of the season, is difficult.  If any better players are available now, then they need to act quickly imo.  

First 4 home games in SL - Huddersfield, Warrington, Wigan, St Helens is no picnic either. They've been dudded by the fixture planners for sure.