1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

Milford will be credited with the error, but what a god awful pass from Luai.

Still a bad knock-on, but excellent recovery to tackle Wighton almost in the same movement and at least postpone the next Kangaroo try.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'd like to see the ref controlling the orb a little more. 

What about the sceptre?

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The mentality of Australian sports teams is based in a deep dissatisfaction that their opponents can't finish a game with a score any lower than zero.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, 17 stone giant said:

I wasn't saying there should be. Just was asking for clarification as I often watch union and so was used to seeing that sort of thing penalised.

It would have been a sin bin in Union. Its a professional foul. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OMEGA said:

My respect for Suali’i has grown throughout the tournament, he’s going to be a superstar as he matures and learns from experiences like this

He is a beast. Both England games he was like trying to tackle a crazy horse.

5 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Regarding Addo-Carr, is there no deliberate knock-on in RL?

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, there is.  But it's one of those laws we don't bother with.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, it's in the laws. 

We just ignore it. 

Just because. 

2 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

No, why would there be?

There is a deliberate knock on rule and the law was applied in a Sharks game in 2021 or 22 for a ”deliberate knock” when the touch judge failed to pick up an obvious forward tap on pass.

Video referee then got involved and overturned the decision of try because of a ”deliberate knock on”.

My only thought is the rule might say something like ”you can't deliberately knock the ball forwards to gain an advantage”, and in turn interpreting that only the team in possession can be defined to ”take an advantage”. That's just me guessing though.

• Thanks 2

Just now, DoubleD said:

Lafai has shown up well

An injection of SL quality into the side. :kolobok_wink:

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If a game's over at 10:0 then Rugby League's pretty much doomed.

I'm not saying Samoa (in their current form) are going to get back in this, and we all know the Kangaroos will score more.

But two tries and one conversion isn't a lot.

I have watched thousands of games in my time, and can’t see any way that this Australian team is going to have to get out of second gear to win this. And a rout looks likely. 

To pick up a theme from an earlier post, in years gone by a massive Aussie win would be neither a good thing nor a bad thing for us, because we knew we would have a chance to play them every couple of years. With the current balance of power in the game - NRL first second and third - from a NH perspective certainly, and probably from a SH international perspective, this will be the perfect excuse for them to play as few games as possible and certainly not to tour.

The NRL have no interest in the Kangaroo brand. None of the top NRL people even bothered to come over here. You only have to try to buy a Kangaroo top as opposed to a SoO or NRL top anywhere in Oz to see that. 

I am acutely conscious that the NH has no answer to the NRL “so what, sort yourselves out”. I just think it’s a crying shame that no kids up here will go through what I went through as a kid and be inspired by regular games against the Kangaroos. 

• Like 1

Samoa have done well to keep that to 14.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris