Attendance thread

22 hours ago, johnh1 said:

And Salford have so far played HKR, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Castleford and Catalan at home. You would expect the average to increase when they play Saints, Wigan, Leigh, Warrington, Leeds and Hull at home later in the season.

Agree with 5 of the last 6, but Leeds have a bad following West of the Pennines.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Agree with 5 of the last 6, but Leeds have a bad following West of the Pennines.

Spot on. Recent history shows they have no intention to travel to support their team.

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11,000 at Saints today which i don’t think is that bad at all with it being live on terrestrial tv. The SRD fans were excellent as always.
It was a lovely warm day to have a couple of pints at the game, then nip into the delightful St Helens town centre and rest your aching feet whilst having another pint. 
I wonder if with Salford City playing in the evening that might’ve put some of them travelling to Saints and instead went to watch the footy ?. 

28 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Met a couple of the Greek players (Lovely guys at France v Greece in Doncaster) short interview with them on my you tube channel for those that are interested:)

Paul

• Like 2

On 13/05/2023 at 07:57, meast said:

877 Leigh plus what appeared to be a family of 4 randomly plonked in and around the home fans.

Pre sales were over 900 and plenty got tickets on the day as the club had sold out its allocation

Edited by sweaty craiq

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

As is always the case not everyone turns up.

Also not everybody abides by sitting were they are told and will buy tickets with their preferred view.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 13/05/2023 at 23:32, Mr Frisky said:

Really good by the Leigh fans, even though train strikes are on this weekend. 

On 14/05/2023 at 02:15, JF1 said:

Naughty.🤪

I thought it was quite original, I have never heard or read any reference before about Leigh not having a railway station!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Did the guy sat closest to you at a Giants home game shout it, from 25 yards away🤪

Harry will the two proposed train stations in golborne and Culcheth come under Leigh or be added to Warrington's ever growing list

22 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Harry will the two proposed train stations in golborne and Culcheth come under Leigh or be added to Warrington's ever growing list

Golborne is in the conveniently re-drawn Leigh constituency so that’ll tick the box even though it’s going to be next to useless for most of the actual town of Leigh. There again, I’ve got a train to London today in 1 hr 55 mins from Wigan. The only problem being it took 1 hr 10 mins to drive the 6.5 miles from home to Wigan 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

On 13/05/2023 at 12:57, M j M said:

It's the Daily Telegraph. This is not a publication to be taken seriously on most things, but least of all politics or rugby union.

Dedicated Telegraph  reader, then? 😀

42 minutes ago, Damien said:

Good effort, hopefully they'll make a fair few quid on food and drink - I'd be interested to see the overall revenue figures from that game compared to a normal league game, and whether it gets anywhere near normal or even surpasses normal takings (not that I've got any idea in fairness).

As a side note it's great to see a full house for a League 1 game - I sometimes feel like RL between Super League and amateur levels is like the land of the forgotten, which is a real shame IMO as it doesn't really do justice to the entertainment factor.