Wakefield take over latest

7 hours ago, yipyee said:

(1) Do you think the TV deal will be less once sky loose Premier league football ?

(2) Will channel 4 bid for more games ?

(3) Will there be a French TV deal with 2 French clubs in SL ?

(4) Will BBC loose the highlights show to a higher bidder ?

(5) Will premier (or who ever they are) look to bid for SL games ?

1. No, they will do something that will gaurentee more eyes on the box than RL can offer.

2. They may well do, but at what price? 

3. Not a chance, outside of a small clientele for RL in France it is not worth TV companies FTA or Subscription broadcasting it, RL does not travel well in France.

4. Not a clue.

5. Viaplay, could they afford it? BUT we first have to see what SKY offer, personally I think now that COMCAST are pulling the (purse) strings the offer by SKY will be a reduction on the present contract.

welcome to the new yorkshire football academy ground - forget wakey trin rl  - its business not sentiment - regional cup finals - semi finals - hudds town reserves barnsley reserves  leeds u21s - womens league football - but what do I know? eh? eh?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 06/06/2023 at 20:56, SUPERSTUD said:

One thing baffled me at Newcastle. In the grand scheme of things it is nothing. However the experienced hooker Hood played the initial 50 mins. I will let others judge his performance. The younger understudy Bowes came on at 50 mins and was withdrawn at 72 mins - Why? Just leave him on to gain even more valuable developmental minutes. We were getting pumped anyway. So I would like Mash to explain that one and believe me when I see him I will personally ask him! 

Unless a miracle happens Wakey are gone from SL and most players have some from of 'relegation clause' in their contract that allows them to leave if another SL club comes in for them. Applegarth knows they're gone and he also knows that an up & coming player like Bowes is likely to attract interest from other SL clubs so there's a high probability he wont be there next year anyway. So why invest more in the development of a player who's likely to be leaving ?

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 08/06/2023 at 09:43, Harry Stottle said:

1. No, they will do something that will gaurentee more eyes on the box than RL can offer.

2. They may well do, but at what price? 

3. Not a chance, outside of a small clientele for RL in France it is not worth TV companies FTA or Subscription broadcasting it, RL does not travel well in France.

4. Not a clue.

5. Viaplay, could they afford it? BUT we first have to see what SKY offer, personally I think now that COMCAST are pulling the (purse) strings the offer by SKY will be a reduction on the present contract.

Harry a realistic reply and i am a 100% expansionist.

As i have said many times before we need the traditional clubs stronger give 100% support to London and use the England brand to take the game to new areas and if a few new amateur teams emerge its rock and roll.

As for France we do need Toulouse in however all the nonsense about TV deals and major clubs in Paris Bordeaux etc is complete fantasy.

The beauty of French RL is its traditional clubs.

Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 08/06/2023 at 00:36, yipyee said:

Do you think the TV deal will be less once sky loose Premier league football ?

Will channel 4 bid for more games ?

Will there be a French TV deal with 2 French clubs in SL ?

Will BBC loose the highlights show to a higher bidder ?

Will premier (or who ever they are) look to bid for SL games ?

All will be revealed In the next exciting episode of Rugby League's Love is Hard.

The sponsorship is almost certainly a precursor to a full take over and the new owners, knowing that major team changes are needed NOW, are making funding available via the sponsorship.

Much will depend on just how badly the new owners want to avoid the drop but if they’re desperate to do so then all may not be lost for Wakefield Trinity.

If a new coach is followed by a handful of real quality signings in key positions then we may see a few victories for Trinity, maybe enough of them to catch Castleford who are just 3 wins in front of Wakefield.

Interesting times for Wakefield Trinity, New owners, new coach, new players & stadium upgrades in the offing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OMEGA said:

The sponsorship is almost certainly a precursor to a full take over and the new owners, knowing that major team changes are needed NOW, are making funding available via the sponsorship.

Much will depend on just how badly the new owners want to avoid the drop but if they’re desperate to do so then all may not be lost for Wakefield Trinity.

If a new coach is followed by a handful of real quality signings in key positions then we may see a few victories for Trinity, maybe enough of them to catch Castleford who are just 3 wins in front of Wakefield.

Interesting times for Wakefield Trinity, New owners, new coach, new players & stadium upgrades in the offing

I honestly think that we are too far gone this year but I look forward to hopefully a year in the championship with some decent funding & the new stand, it could actually be enjoyable.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2023 at 17:19, graveyard johnny said:

welcome to the new yorkshire football academy ground - forget wakey trin rl  - its business not sentiment - regional cup finals - semi finals - hudds town reserves barnsley reserves  leeds u21s - womens league football - but what do I know? eh? eh?

Barnsley reserves have their own pitch.

On 07/06/2023 at 09:49, The Blues Ox said:

Ive mentioned on a few threads now but Wakey have literally followed the Fax blueprint in their relegation almost to the tee. Starts off ok but then panic sets in and start buying and selling players who will have little effect, then noises from the club suggest the financial state of the club will be great once you get this season out of the way. I do believe that Wakey have made numbers up for too long and are well deserved of relegation but I like them as a club, very similar to Fax, but I genuinley hope that they can sack off the Fax blueprint because we went down believing that we would be good enough to come back up, debt free and all things rosey, and that was 20 years ago.

This is the biggest year in decades for promotion and relegation because I think deep down most of us believe that for the first year at least there will be no changes from the teams that are in SL next season in the new IMG model.

I think your theory is flawed. Fax were relegated years ago, in that time Trinity have avoided relegation half a dozen times. No club in SL has more experience in fighting relegation than Trinity, we wrote the book. So to suggest we are following Fax is plain wrong imho. If anything we are attempting to repeat what we did in 2006 and 2015 this season so far is identical to those.

It’s not for me to defend Applegarth or the BOD but they have not panicked. We have simply ran out of bodies combined with a number of pre season signings who haven’t cut it.

As they say in coaching it’s not getting beat that matters as much as how you react. Fifita is a master stroke even if his playing ability is limited these days. Ditto Croft and Shaw, both Trinity products with a point to prove.

We will see.

I do agree with most on here. Trinity do seem very relaxed about it all. Added to this why would a seriously wealthy businessman invest in a doomed club. Does beg  a few questions, though I don’t know the answers. Getting any genuine gossip out of BV these days is almost impossible.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

. If anything we are attempting to repeat what we did in 2006 and 2015 this season so far is identical to those.

2015 we had the insurance of the middle 8s and strengthened before them. 2006 was a miracle inspired by the messiah JK. Maybe DF is the new messiah??

• Like 1

new owners DIY KITCHENS 

falling out of the top drawer 

a couple of backs missing  

lack of appliance 

at the wrong end of the table

90% of the team washed up 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 11/06/2023 at 18:46, Kirmonds pouch said:

I think your theory is flawed. Fax were relegated years ago, in that time Trinity have avoided relegation half a dozen times. No club in SL has more experience in fighting relegation than Trinity, we wrote the book. So to suggest we are following Fax is plain wrong imho. If anything we are attempting to repeat what we did in 2006 and 2015 this season so far is identical to those.

It’s not for me to defend Applegarth or the BOD but they have not panicked. We have simply ran out of bodies combined with a number of pre season signings who haven’t cut it.

As they say in coaching it’s not getting beat that matters as much as how you react. Fifita is a master stroke even if his playing ability is limited these days. Ditto Croft and Shaw, both Trinity products with a point to prove.

We will see.

I do agree with most on here. Trinity do seem very relaxed about it all. Added to this why would a seriously wealthy businessman invest in a doomed club. Does beg  a few questions, though I don’t know the answers. Getting any genuine gossip out of BV these days is almost impossible.

Reminds me of the man who fell out off the roof of a 100 storey building. As he passed each floor on the way down he was heard to say 'alright so far'.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Reminds me of the man who fell out off the roof of a 100 storey building. As he passed each floor on the way down he was heard to say 'alright so far'.....

Nobody dies through falling , it's usually the landing that takes care of that 😉

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

new owners DIY KITCHENS 

falling out of the top drawer 

a couple of backs missing  

lack of appliance 

at the wrong end of the table

90% of the team washed up 

Throw the kitchen sink at it!

15 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

If I’d known the bloke who owns DIY kitchens was a Wakey fan, I’d never have let Mrs Shep bankrupt me with her 3rd new kitchen in a decade.

Fuming

We thank you for your generous contribution.

• Haha 1