Sun 23rd July : Betfred RL Challenge Cup Semi Final : Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors KO 17:00 BBC2

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/07/23 at 16:30

Exciting game throughout. A great contest throughout. You can dissect it all you want but on balance Rovers were the better team and got what they deserved in the end.

Fascinating final to come and hopefully both sets of fans have a fantastic day out at Wembley.

• Like 5

Great for the game and the Underdog for once flies high and proud for our great sport. 

A clean slate for this years final and who would have thought this after the numerous finals both Leigh and HKR have played in the Arriva Trains finals years ago. 

I am sure it will be a great game at Wembley and may the best team win. Well played HKR 👏👏👏

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds V Saints 2003 is the best i can remember.

The extra time one? That was epic and one of my favourite matches. Both teams completely out on their feet giving their all. Proper extra time too and not golden point. 

• Like 2

As ever, Matty Peet was a class act. We are lucky to have him, and it will be fascinating to see what he can do with Danson’s millions behind him. Proud of the boys. 

That was a cracking game. If only I had watched it as a neutral. Well done to HKR, they hung in there when it was 13 v 13, and were close enough when they got the extra man. 

No one can complain about that final.  Maybe we are beginning to get a more level playing field? I hope that we get a huge crowd, given the likely enthusiasm of their supporters’ base. It should attract neutrals and I am guessing Leigh and HKR will bring a few. 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

No one can complain about that final.  Maybe we are beginning to get a more level playing field? I hope that we get a huge crowd, given the likely enthusiasm of their supporters’ base. It should attract neutrals and I am guessing Leigh and HKR will bring a few. 

I’m sure lots of Hull fans will go to support their neighbours for the good of the city 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 point spread over 2 games is only 1 more than as close as it gets. Superb athletes and never say die from all 4 teams over the weekend. Hopefully both sets of supporters can empty the local nursing homes and take granny and grandad with them to fill the place. 

There’s nothing wrong with the sport on the field, just the organisations off it. Let the game kick on. 

• Like 2

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

The extra time one? That was epic and one of my favourite matches. Both teams completely out on their feet giving their all. Proper extra time too and not golden point. 

Yep, Saints thinking they were going to the final - a young Danny Mcguire scores a try in the last minute and Sinfield had to kick the goal from the touchline to take it to extra time, and yes it was proper extra time not golden point.

probably the best live game I’ve ever been to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archie Gordon said:

A very good coach and an even better fella, it seems.

As a Wigan fan, I wouldn’t call him a very good coach. We have no plan b and we struggle to see close games out. He relies to much on Field and French.

1 minute ago, 7723 said:

As a Wigan fan, I wouldn’t call him a very good coach. We have no plan b and we struggle to see close games out. He relies to much on Field and French.

I've said before but while they are great to watch as a team we would be better off with one or the other at full back and using the money for a quality stand off. While both will always score eye catching tries in any position neither are outstanding wingers or halves and we need better options. Shoe horning 2 good full backs into the team to then simply have a very average half and a good full back isn't very effective. 

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

The referee was looking through at least 3 Wigan players

An eye in the back of his head?

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Congratulations to Hull KR. They kept their composure and stuck at it while we lost ours and at times our discipline too. Mikey Lewis stood out in what I assume is an unfamiliar position for him. Good luck to both teams in the final. Hopefully the weather will be better than today for what should be a good game.

That was a close game, tense, controversial, and dramatic.

What more can you ask for.

Congratulations HKR

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Faithful1865 said:

I'll take your Noble and raise you a Wilkin and an O'Connor.

Oooohhh, that's upping the anti

40 minutes ago, Damien said:

Absolutely, it's been a great two games. There is plenty good about the Challenge Cup but people get a little too fixated on some poorly attended games, usually involving SL clubs.

Yep  but it has helped by having serperate semi stadiums... not least the great atmospheres, plus having games on TV for two days....

• Like 2

Congratulations Rovers. I actually found myself wanting then to get to the final in the end. Thoroughly deserved.

Great game. But it's Leopards all the way now! It's going to be a colourful affair at Wembley! First time in 36 years there hasn't been one the current Big 4 in it. The gap is closing.

New name on the trophy for first time in over 40 years too.

• Like 5
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg