Fri 1st Sept AND Sun 3rd Sept: SL: Leigh Leopards v Huddersfield Giants

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/23 at 19:30

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Two fresh teams not having to spread their energy over 80mins should be all in effort for the remaining 32 mins, it was a pain last night but looking forward to going tomorrow.

If they are continuing from where it stopped then the teams shouldn’t be fresh. Kit shouldn't have been washed ti make it realistic 😀

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bobbruce said:

In football it’s pretty much at the discretion of the governing body whether the match will stand, be replayed in full or continued from the point and score it was abandoned at at a later date. 

RU is similar but they write in such an over complicated way (as you’d expect) that almost anything could happen. 

Cricket just shrug their shoulders and carry on to the next match. 

Then RU nuances strike again. 

Same match officials?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

17 hours ago, dkw said:

That's this one instance, how about if its catalans that we're visiting Leigh?

Fair point, the stadium owners would have a lot of compensation to pay out I imagine for not providing the facilities that the renter is paying for, don't forget that the LSV is also the home of Manchester United Womens team, it could also so easily have happened to them, then it wouldn't have just been reported as a RL problem it would have been Nationwide news.

Realistically it is a problem that the Stadium Owners need to ensure does not happen again, not Leigh Leopards or MUW.

But unfortunately that does not suit the the narrative of those who still like any opportunity to bash Leigh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meast said:

Same everything apart from the majority of the Giants fans who travelled Friday won't travel again for a farce.

Why would the Chairman of the HGSA not go along to watch his team twice in two days, poor show Meast I suggest you find a new avatar and not advertise the one you so proudly advertise.

But pray tell me why is it a farce what else could be done? 

I am sure it will be high on the agenda at your next supporters association meeting and you will have already penned your contribution to the discussion, please share.

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why would the Chairman of the HGSA not go along to watch his team twice in two days, poor show Meast I suggest you find a new avatar and not advertise the one you so proudly advertise.

But pray tell me why is it a farce what else could be done? 

I am sure it will be high on the agenda at your next supporters association meeting and you will have already penned your contribution to the discussion, please share.

It looks like the least bad solution to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• John Drake changed the title to Fri 1st Sept AND Sun 3rd Sept: SL: Leigh Leopards v Huddersfield Giants
  • John Drake pinned this topic
15 hours ago, LeeF said:

If they are continuing from where it stopped then the teams shouldn’t be fresh. Kit shouldn't have been washed ti make it realistic 😀

I like your thinking.

Maybe it'll be like snooker and the referee will have to place the ball and all the players in exactly the same locations on the field.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I like your thinking.

Maybe it'll be like snooker and the referee will have to place the ball and all the players in exactly the same locations on the field.

And have the video ref sat up in the stand looking at a still of the field and gesturing to the ref on the field to move the ball by a couple of millimetres 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I like your thinking.

Joking aside, how will the match be (re)started?

Assuming it was stopped on completion of a tackle, a play-the-ball in that location - meaning the players will be roughly in the same positions they were when play stopped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ullman said:

I like your thinking.

I think that is probably the sort of thing that will happen.  Leigh were on the Giants' 20 metres line and it should be possible to reposition the ball the suitable number of yards in from touch.  To be pedantic, I think I heard somebody on Sky yesterday (possibly Jenna) say that there were 31 minutes and 58 seconds left to play.

I like the humour of the touch judge who, when the lights went out, said to the ref that a try had just been scored!

• Like 1

On 02/09/2023 at 09:32, bobbruce said:

In football it’s pretty much at the discretion of the governing body whether the match will stand, be replayed in full or continued from the point and score it was abandoned at at a later date. 

I was at a Conference North game a few years ago that was abandoned in the 85th minute and a full replay was ordered.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Fair point, the stadium owners would have a lot of compensation to pay out I imagine for not providing the facilities that the renter is paying for, don't forget that the LSV is also the home of Manchester United Womens team, it could also so easily have happened to them, then it wouldn't have just been reported as a RL problem it would have been Nationwide news.

Realistically it is a problem that the Stadium Owners need to ensure does not happen again, not Leigh Leopards or MUW.

But unfortunately that does not suit the the narrative of those who still like any opportunity to bash Leigh.

Ultimately Leigh are responsible for the outcomes delivered by their contractors, whether that is the stadium being fit for purpose or their kits not being too offensive.

Anyway, after a day and half arm wrestle Leigh get the next score, 22-12.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

23 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Ultimately Leigh are responsible for the outcomes delivered by their contractors, whether that is the stadium being fit for purpose or their kits not being too offensive.

Anyway, after a day and half arm wrestle Leigh get the next score, 22-12.

It wasn't Leighs fault imho, how could they possibly know it was going to happen?  I agree with you Harry anything to berate Leigh - we know exactly what it's like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1