Beaumont has another tantrum, threatens to stop investing in Leigh

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

This outburst was delivered in the immediate aftermath of the game v Wigan, he was very upset with the outcome of the game and the manner he perceived the game was lost, which his view was no different to the vast majority of people who have made judgement on it, including the commentators on the match and posters on here save for some not all myopic Wigan fans. The result sending Leigh to HKR has probably cost the club in the region of £200K which I should imagine will be a commitment he if he stays will have to make up.

This lifelong (60+ years) Leigh fan is very happy with the commitment, time and contribution that Mr Beaumont has put into the club over the past 11 years or so, if he goes I will be upset, but he will leave with my thanks for the ride he has taken me on with my team.

He is a different character to those (Ian Botham qoute 'Old Farts') who silently run the game behind the scenes of the governing body, it would be a boring world if we were all the same wouldn't it.

It was Will Carling who called the RFU blazers “old farts”

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Was that last comment absolutley nessacary, that says a lot.

For me, yes.  He is threatening to take his ball home because his team got a bad call and he is just having a tantrum in public.

To be honest, when he was doing the rounds before the Challenge Cup final with his tacky car and his leopard print clothes, I really didn't like the look he brought to the sport but I kept my mouth shut because he was bringing publicity to the sport and most people thought it was positive.

But here he is, after such a wonderful season for Leigh, having another public tantrum... I just really have an inate dislike for this type of leadership behaviour.

I may be overeating, I accept that.  But at least I am not overreacting as much as he is.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 16

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Look at what the vast majority of experts, pundits, scribes and fans have said and written Standoff, better still watch it yourself it will be on YouTube.

I will look it out, given the brouhaha.

A pity that an important game has seemingly once again been overshadowed by a poor call.

29 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

You might want to read through the match thread for the game. There is lots and lots of discussion of it there.

I hope this thread stays on subject and doesn't turn into a second version of that discussion.

Thanks; I'll have a look.

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

For me, yes.  He is threatening to take his ball home because his team got a bad call and he is just having a tantrum in public.

To be honest, when he was doing the rounds before the Challenge Cup final with his tacky car and his leopard print clothes, I really didn't like the look he brought to the sport but I kept my mouth shut because he was bringing publicity to the sport and most people thought it was positive.

But here he is, after such a wonderful season for Leigh, having another public tantrum... I just really have an inate dislike for this type of leadership behaviour.

I may be overeating, I accept that.  But at least I am not overreacting as much as he is.

It wasn't a public tantrum, it was to Leigh fans on corporate tickets post game.

34 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

He's also upset about the broadcasters rudeness regarding his coach and I don't blame him for that. That kind of treatment smacks of contempt for the coach, the club and the game. 

On this, my honest reaction is so what?

What is more important to the vast majority of people watching that game, Lam's reaction or the Wigan team lifting 1 of the 3 pieces of silverware on offer this season? Post match reactions are nice, but if there is a more important thing going on Sky Sports will focus on that. They do it all the time in all sports.

DB has acted like a big baby in response to a loss. Course its frustrating for him, its very annoying I'm sure, but as a Chairman you react like that in private imo, then come forward with a more controlled message for the public.

• Like 2

Maybe we should set up a comp without a giant man-baby who thinks he's better than everyone else and swears on national TV in front of millions of people at one of our showpiece events?  How would the sport cope without the one-season wonders from Leigh who revolutionised the world by having Scouting For Girls play and a few fireworks go off at a match?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I think some of his comments have been misinterpreted by some of the posters.

When he says he wants games decided by players and coaches, he's not talking about playing games without referees. He just wants objective, unequivocal, faultless, refereeing.

He's complaining about a subjective refereeing decision (which he thinks was in error) costing his club (players and staff) the game, which is heartbreaking.

The video referee was supposed to reduce the number of erroneous decisions but the system is not infallible.

In this case someone's ''opinion'' has cost Leigh the game. That's very regrettable and probably highly unlikely but in this case the worst case scenario has reared it's ugly head and he's upset. For what it's worth, I think the referee was wrong, it looked like a perfectly good try to me. 

He's also upset about the broadcasters rudeness regarding his coach and I don't blame him for that. That kind of treatment smacks of contempt for the coach, the club and the game. 

Objective, unequivocal faultless refereeing…..wow…..we cannot leave it to human beings then.

Whatever next…Objective, unequivocal faultless management, coaching and player performances.

Id be careful with any offers of South African investments. I get those e mails too. I hope he hasnt given them his password and PIN number.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

This outburst was delivered in the immediate aftermath of the game v Wigan, he was very upset with the outcome of the game and the manner he perceived the game was lost, which his view was no different to the vast majority of people who have made judgement on it, including the commentators on the match and posters on here save for some not all myopic Wigan fans. The result sending Leigh to HKR has probably cost the club in the region of £200K which I should imagine will be a commitment he if he stays will have to make up.

This lifelong (60+ years) Leigh fan is very happy with the commitment, time and contribution that Mr Beaumont has put into the club over the past 11 years or so, if he goes I will be upset, but he will leave with my thanks for the ride he has taken me on with my team.

He is a different character to those (Ian Botham qoute 'Old Farts') who silently run the game behind the scenes of the governing body, it would be a boring world if we were all the same wouldn't it.

Where do you think the 200k figure comes from? I can only think that’s if you get to the GF as the rounds are shared gates. 

Edited by RS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Objective, unequivocal faultless refereeing…..wow…..we cannot leave it to human beings then.

Whatever next…Objective, unequivocal faultless management, coaching and player performances.

Id be careful with any offers of South African investments. I get those e mails too. I hope he hasnt given them his password and PIN number.

The most nonsensical thing about it is that almost every decision is subjective to some degree with a lot of grey, certainly compared to the laws in some cases.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I will look it out, given the brouhaha.

A pity that an important game has seemingly once again been overshadowed by a poor call.

2 poor calls, one of which favoured Leigh

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

But Leigh are the best team in the competition, and they are still in it. Surely the best team in the competition can go and pick up a win at Hull KR?

Or maybe he's just full of ?

24 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

DB has acted like a big baby in response to a loss. Course its frustrating for him, its very annoying I'm sure, but as a Chairman you react like that in private imo, then come forward with a more controlled message for the public.

Over the number of years he has been commenting Tommy, you know very well he is not going to come back with a "more controlled message" and quite frankly I am more surprised that you of all people would suggest that, you are useually a lot more rational in your comments and consider all angles your reasoning has somewhat deserted you here.

Your other comment above "course it's frustrating for him, it's very annoying" yes agree and the manner of the loss is going to draw a reaction from him, we all know that was going to happen. 

My take on it, I enjoy writing on these pages and am more diplomatic than Mr Beaumont, I will leave it at that.

I don’t really hold anything against a man like Derek who has such grand ambitions.

An opportunity is there and not to be lost. If Derek wishes to throw his hat in the ring against Piers Morgan and various members of the English cricket team for the Whinging Pom of the Year Award, then good on him for having a go.

🤭

23 minutes ago, RS said:

Where do you think the 200k figure comes from? I can only think that’s if you get to the GF as the rounds are shared gates. 

If the attendance for the HKR game at the LSV was approaching 10,000 (all to pay no season passes) at average of £24 /Head I didn't know the shared gate,

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

He's enough of a fan that I can't see him walking away from Leigh no matter how much he has these frequent tantrums.

Whether he can personally afford to keep putting money in when there is so little financial return in the sport these days, who knows? So he may do his thing of offloading folk but I really can't see him leaving Leigh in the lurch.

As the smart businessman were told he is, he'd know there's no financial return in running a professional sports club.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

If the attendance for the HKR game at the LSV was approaching 10,000 (all to pay no season passes) at average of £24 /Head that would easily be 200K, dair enough.

Then Leigh should have played better in the 11 games they lost this season instead of crying about one dubious decision against a team against whom they have clearly been second best all year.

Everyone’s childlike devotion to Derek is almost enough to make me emotional.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Over the number of years he has been commenting Tommy, you know very well he is not going to come back with a "more controlled message" and quite frankly I am more surprised that you of all people would suggest that, you are useually a lot more rational in your comments and consider all angles your reasoning has somewhat deserted you here.

Your other comment above "course it's frustrating for him, it's very annoying" yes agree and the manner of the loss is going to draw a reaction from him, we all know that was going to happen. 

My take on it, I enjoy writing on these pages and am more diplomatic than Mr Beaumont, I will leave it at that.

I can vouch for Harry and let everyone know that he is a gentleman.

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Beaumont's toddler outbursts are regular as clockwork, you can mark the end of the season by them. We're used to him doing things like putting the club he loves so much into administration and reneging on player payments because he's angry they got relegated, or didn't get promoted, or whatever, but now even in a season where they've won the Challenge Cup and made the play-offs he's still threatening to leave his club in the lurch. What a bloke... thank God I'm not a Leigh fan relying on him. 😳

https://www.patreon.com/posts/89905663?pr=true&fbclid=IwAR2Ifa_WYvBhqLb7JhgdQLzATBUHGTc2omQqiPYixt6RMZ5SziKCbkaxjhE

He's apparently also going to set up a league in competition with Super League, with some mysterious South African investors 🤣🤣🤣

Serious question .....is there any hint he had a few issues with anxiety it depression or anything? 

Often this comes and goes through the year 

I'd say it also gets sparked by change (maybe end did a season etc) 

It might be a cyclical thing that he goes through ?