The TV Thread

17 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

their marriage broke down - in court Alvin said during every argument she refused to STOP shouting , LOOK at his side of the argument  or LISTEN to his point of view 

HEY!!!! you must be out of your tiny mind. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Not his real name by the way … it was Burt Stardust

Someone once told me a very elaborate story about how Alvin Stardust got his break in the music business. It was very complicated. The guy knew him too.

On 01/01/2022 at 22:24, Josef K said:

A new series of “Digging For Britain” with the very lovely Alice Roberts starts Tuesday on BBC2.
Also a new series of “Toast Of Tinseltown” starts on Tuesday but this time on BBC2”. Two excellent programmes. 

The thing I like about Digging For Britain is that it's full of surprises. Just this week, for example, they discovered an intact Roman personal grooming kit. Only two such kits had been discovered prior to this - one in London and one in Castleford - and everyone was hugely surprised to learn there'd once been someone in Castleford who engaged in personal grooming.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

their marriage broke down - in court Alvin said during every argument she refused to STOP shouting , LOOK at his side of the argument  or LISTEN to his point of view 

I thought it was more to do with her not wanting to go to his flat and groove on the mat, that really caused the rift. 

On 13/01/2022 at 23:01, Hammerless Nail said:

The thing I like about Digging For Britain is that it's full of surprises. Just this week, for example, they discovered an intact Roman personal grooming kit. Only two such kits had been discovered prior to this - one in London and one in Castleford - and everyone was hugely surprised to learn there'd once been someone in Castleford who engaged in personal grooming.

A friend of mine was on that show. The woman at the end of the Hull segment explaining what a few finds were. 

We binge watched the last 4 episodes of the new Dexter series today.

I agree entirely with the IMDB rating for the last episode.

Don’t go looking if you’re enjoying it and want to not spoil the ending.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

17 hours ago, ckn said:

We binge watched the last 4 episodes of the new Dexter series today.

I agree entirely with the IMDB rating for the last episode.

Don’t go looking if you’re enjoying it and want to not spoil the ending.

Catching up later today 👌🏻

• Like 1

Just watched 'Everest's Greatest Mystery' on Quest (Sky), and wow, what a documentary, would definitely recommend it.  In 1924, carrying only essential tools and a Pocket Kodak camera, George Mallory and Andrew Irvine disappeared only a few hundred feet from the summit of Everest. After the discovery of Mallory’s preserved body on the north face of the mountain in 1999 by a group of researchers, many have speculated whether the two explorers did indeed successfully summit the mountain before they perished. However, Irvine’s resting place – and with it, the famed Kodak camera – remain a mystery.  If found, and in salvageable condition, the developed film from their trek could have the potential to rewrite the history books once and for all.  Whilst this follows the search expedition in the spring of 2019, the team also experienced extraordinary bad weather conditions that meant that when the weather got better, it resulted in severe overcrowding on the mountain with 'tourist climbers' that proved to be nothing less than catastrophic, taking the lives of 11 people and injuring hundreds more.  There are scenes where the searchers are lying in their tents , hearing the people outside on the mountain crying for help, and they can do nothing about it, and at one point they climb up an ice face, over the body of a climber who died the night before. 

The production company had so much footage of the tours who take 100 plus people at a time up Everest, the 'tourist climbers' and the catastrophe that followed, they mad another documentary To Live Or Die On Everest.

Tourist Climbers on Everest

How Mount Everest become an overcrowded tourist destination - The  Washington Post

Edited by Exiled Townie
  • Like 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Here's a treat - Telly Savalas must have had some back taxes to pay off. He did a similar gig for Portsmouth and Aberdeen, which are also on YouTube.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 21/01/2022 at 12:55, Shadow said:

The Apprentice continues to dish up it's traditional fare of delusional fantasists, all of whom deserve slapping to next tuesday. 

I am not a fan of LORD sugar, the contestants are like infants in front of a headmaster. As for Brady she is someone i really can’t stand, she reminds me of a P*ssed Aunt Sally. 

36 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

still getting through episodes of STILL GAME - can't believe I missed this earlier- comic genius 

One of my all time favourite sitcoms, brilliantly written and performed.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

12 minutes ago, Ullman said:

One of my all time favourite sitcoms, brilliantly written and performed.

have you tried to get a free pizza? half an hour and its free!

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

still getting through episodes of STILL GAME - can't believe I missed this earlier- comic genius 

I was very late discovering Still Game. The upside of that is there's a lot of episodes to catch up on.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gave Reacher a go on Amazon.  

I enjoyed it, apart from the lead actor having the acting and emotional range of a brick.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Gave Reacher a go on Amazon.  

I enjoyed it, apart from the lead actor having the acting and emotional range of a brick.  

Me too. At least the guy playing Reacher is a better fit than the midget in the movies.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

3 hours ago, Bearman said:

Me too. At least the guy playing Reacher is a better fit than the midget in the movies.

He looks the part, but just lacked the character that the midget provided.  

I still binge watched the series and Roscoe 😍

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!