Fraser Dainton

I’m not sure I’ve seen him on sky sports RL before but was certainly impressed. Much more professional and polished than Angela Powers (which isn’t difficult). Is this the first of a change in personnel? Eddie Hemmings last game next weekend I think  

7 hours ago, Cdd said:

He’s a great guy and really good at what he does. I’d like to see him more involved when Eddie leaves, he could do a lot of the studio presenting really well in my opinion.

Nosey Parker suggests he’s in line for a bigger role.

Parker also says Brian Carney could take over the mic. 

It's amazing isn't it that when a professional reporter who can undertake an interview does the role that it is better than when Powers has the role. Dainton has been a breath of fresh air the last couple of weeks

27 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Powers' interviews do seem to have become a touch odd recently, are we sure everything is ok with her? Not a fan of people mocking her as drunk.

I have been wondering if the stress of the impending rejig/sackings is getting to some of them. It was painful watching Baz last week as he couldn't remember players names and Carney and Clarke trying to help him through the segment 

They need to get rid of Bazza,Tezza and Powers.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Nosey Parker suggests he’s in line for a bigger role.

Parker also says Brian Carney could take over the mic. 

Can't imagine Carney as a match commentator, well I can but it's too horrible to contemplate ?

Dainton has been around in the SKY set up for a number of years. He is professional and very good at what he does. Was at a RL function and he was the MC. Excellent at it too. 

If he came into the touchline reporter gig that would be good. Carney replacing McDermott and  O'Connor as summeriser alongside Clarke. Can't see them replacing Powers as she's the only female in the Rugby League set up when Women's Rugby League is advancing at a great pace.   

4 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Dainton has been around in the SKY set up for a number of years. He is professional and very good at what he does. Was at a RL function and he was the MC. Excellent at it too. 

If he came into the touchline reporter gig that would be good. Carney replacing McDermott and  O'Connor as summeriser alongside Clarke. Can't see them replacing Powers as she's the only female in the Rugby League set up when Women's Rugby League is advancing at a great pace.   

Alternative to powers would be bringing in Jenna Brooks and the likes of Jodie Cunningham or Lois Forsell at bit more

I kind of presumed that Fraser Dainton would simply be taking over the role Bill Arthur used to do, with Bill becoming the main commentator when Eddie leaves (for this season at least). I assume Angela Powers will be on the touchline for tonights Saints v Wires game. 

Because he’s a pro . Been doing it for years across sky sports news . The more talent like that and the less tired , samey old tripe like Baz ‘ I struggle to construct a sentence ‘ , Tez ‘ he’s a good , great , outstanding player ‘ , Clarke ‘ verbal diarrhoea ... here now ‘ , Angela ‘ the coach says stick to the game plan ‘ and Cummings ‘ what he has to do is get the ball down over the line without dropping it ‘ the better . This departure of Eduardo is the perfect opportunity to sweep away all this rubbish , streamline upgrade and change it 

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Alternative to powers would be bringing in Jenna Brooks and the likes of Jodie Cunningham or Lois Forsell at bit more

Yes Jenna Brooks was who I was thinking about ... although I do that now n again for some reason ?

He is a massive improvement on Angela can’t string a sentence together Powers. Idd imagine Bill Arthur might take over from Eddie untill the end of the season. Arthur lives near me. Nice bloke but don’t think he’s the answer as long term commentator. 

Powers is fine on the touchline but as an interviewer possibly the most cringeworthy I have ever seen. So the change makes sense. As for commentators, I do hope we’re getting someone new as I don’t think Bill Arthur is good enough for the top job.

Thought Michael Shenton was excellent last night too.Powers terrible as usual,Dainton top class.

Wouldn't mind Arthur commentating on a thurs and somebody more professional on the friday game.One person doing both games would soon become repetitive.The two clowns just have to go.

I like Fraser Dainton. He’s very good at what he does and can translate his skills across sports. 

Carney fluffs his lines too much to be sat in a studio, let alone as commentator. Reading fixtures out seems to blow his mind, which is mad. 

There’s nothing that hasn’t been said that can be said about McDermott, O’Connor and Powers. 

The inclusion of a current player to the panel this year, both from the men’s and women’s games, have a nice touch and one I hope they continue. There’s not been a player on that I’ve thought was an idiot. They’ve all come across superbly. 

23 hours ago, Dave T said:

Not a fan of people mocking her as drunk.

To be honest I think it's just that we are seeing more of her due to the interviewing, whereas before she was mostly on the brief touchline updates - I think we're just noticing more flaws.   Plus, we probably all sound a little less refined the older we get ?

Sorry to say but Angela Powers is simply awful

"the character you showed to come back from 20 points behind must have been pleasing"

"Just what does this tell us about the character of your team"

"At 20 points down you must have thought the game was lost, but you really dug in and got the win"

"and finally, you must be pleased to come away with the win"

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

3 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Sorry to say but Angela Powers is simply awful

"the character you showed to come back from 20 points behind must have been pleasing"

"Just what does this tell us about the character of your team"

"At 20 points down you must have thought the game was lost, but you really dug in and got the win"

"and finally, you must be pleased to come away with the win"

They've given her the same brief that ESPN/CBS etc give their female touchline reporters for NFL/NCAA. Shove mic in front of coach/player and offer a variance of the lines you've listed above. Nothing is ever learnt and it just makes everyone involved seem dull.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

easy way to fix the gender balance and get rid of those we dont like... bring into the "expert" panel vacated by Baz and Tez a current Womens player... most i have seen are intelligent, can make themselves understood and talk really well about the game.. then you can get rid of powers and put whoever you like on pitchside. Get a longer stint of a female voice.. none of the carp that Tex and Baz spout (you could get rid of phil clarke for me too) and you save 1 wage!.. everyone wins!

Archived