Grand final attendance doom and gloom thread.

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Yes, I'm sure lots of people in the south of France were monitoring that UK government announcement.

Maybe, just a maybe, rugby league fans in the  South of France  might well be bright enough to do just that. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, M j M said:

It should have been made to all SL season ticket holders as well. On last Saturday morning.

It's insane that I've had no communication at all from my club encouraging me to go or about buying tickets for this.

I have had several emails from Super League, last one said "Warrior for Ever, be a Dragon for a Day".

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

20 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Well my mate got some in the east stand corner bit thingy as he couldn't figure out what was available or not.. He doesn't think they will be posted out in time, so I just hope he still hasn't got the same phone as he did in 2003 (possible for him!) and we have some email proof of purchase! Otherwise....

The tickets are attached to the email mate. Mine are already in my iPhone wallet.

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Cheers, I don't have an iPhone but hopefully he has some sort of smartphone. I hope 🤞🏻

I expect he can just download the tickets to his phone from the email. Or it might have a link to a app he can use.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

The tickets are attached to the email mate. Mine are already in my iPhone wallet.

anybody got tickets? 

anybody want tickets?

anybody got tickets?

anybody want tickets? 

the poor touts must be having to use food banks these days 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 05/10/2021 at 09:32, Eddie said:

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far? 55k would be respectable imho, considering one of the teams’ fans can’t easily travel here.  

How many other regional sports in Europe would draw a crowd like that? In fact other than football and the odd Union game is there any club game in Europe that could get close? 

Gaelic football

Hurling

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

anybody got tickets? 

anybody want tickets?

anybody got tickets?

anybody want tickets? 

the poor touts must be having to use food banks these days 

Touts can make money both ways low end buy cheap and sell cheap high end opposite.

I have only ever known 1 match of rugby league when touts were selling at a premium and that was the GB v Australia 3rd test at Elland Road I think from memory it was 1990

Paul

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Touts can make money both ways low end buy cheap and sell cheap high end opposite.

I have only ever known 1 match of rugby league when touts were selling at a premium and that was the GB v Australia 3rd test at Elland Road I think from memory it was 1990

Paul

Only time I've seen it was the second test at the Reebok vs NZ in '97. Happy Frank and Bill Harrigan combined to generate the sort of publicity after the first test that caused a huge rush on tickets (proof that controversy sells).

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Only time I've seen it was the second test at the Reebok vs NZ in '97. Happy Frank and Bill Harrigan combined to generate the sort of publicity after the first test that caused a huge rush on tickets (proof that controversy sells).

Think that was 98 but yes was one of the first RL games there IIRC

9 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Think that was 98 but yes was one of the first RL games there IIRC

Yup, you're right. '97 was that Ashes series where GB won the Old Trafford game.

For many years I think RL held the Reebok's attendance record for that NZ game.

15 minutes ago, M j M said:

Yup, you're right. '97 was that Ashes series where GB won the Old Trafford game.

For many years I think RL held the Reebok's attendance record for that NZ game.

Was a great night and a brilliant test 😕 

On 07/10/2021 at 18:48, Johnoco said:

Well my mate got some in the east stand corner bit thingy as he couldn't figure out what was available or not.. He doesn't think they will be posted out in time, so I just hope he still hasn't got the same phone as he did in 2003 (possible for him!) and we have some email proof of purchase! Otherwise....

I got an email with the tickets attached as a pdf to present for scanning, no need to print them. Get him to check his inbox and send you a copy then you'll both have them.

Just switched tv on, what a horrific crowd. But equally I’m part of the issue as I’ve chosen not to go, not even gonna watch live 🤷🏻‍♂️ But … I wish Catalans all the best and hope to see them win on delayed coverage later!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Archived