Jump to content

Wigan - Hardaker can talk to other clubs in West Yorks but not Hull FC or Hull KR


Recommended Posts


Wigan have let players leave the club far too easily so I'm glad they are being firm this time. They have bent over backwards for him so if there is no fee or swap then don't let him leave.

Edited by Nate90
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Lenegan mentioned this in the fans forum some weeks ago. I can certainly understand the club feeling aggrieved but they simply shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

Yeah, I know IL mentioned Wigan were concerned with him wanted to move back but didn’t know the restrictions.  However, very good player that he is, he has a knack of upsetting people.  I doubt that will stop.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems odd this, if he wants to go, I'd let him go tomorrow, if his hearts not in it, whilst I'm not for players walking over a club and contract, I'm also a big believer in picking my fights.

Did he leave his Lancashire accommodation through choice or is there a story there?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

how old is he now? couldnt get a starting spot at the panthers in his prime just after winning man of steel - not been great for a long while

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has someone had a word to the wise in Lenagan's ear. If you want to test his real reason for moving limit where he can go.

Sounds to me the sort of thing a wise old player who's done a bit of coaching may point out.

 

  • Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Lenegan mentioned this in the fans forum some weeks ago. I can certainly understand the club feeling aggrieved but they simply shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

I'm not a Wigan fan, but if he'd done what he did straight after signing in the first place, I'd have wanted rid. No respect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Padge said:

Has someone had a word to the wise in Lenagan's ear. If you want to test his real reason for moving limit where he can go.

Sounds to me the sort of thing a wise old player who's done a bit of coaching may point out.

 

That is cute. Tests him out. To be honest would Warrington or St Helens want him?

As for Yorkshire, hasn't yer man burnt all the bridges in Leeds and Castleford.

Signing for Wakefield sadly anticipates the news blurb consisting of "Irate player," "Shocked eyewitness," "Dispute in takeaway," "Angry Castleford supporters," "Fighting continued in nightclub."

So its either Huddersfield under Tory Davy or wild card with Rangi at Rochdale. (Ok not in Yorkshire but near enough).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saying he can move but not to Hull seems a bit nanny state. There are a lot of pubs there though.

  • Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Saying he can move but not to Hull seems a bit nanny state. There are a lot of pubs there though.

I suppose there is an option in that Zak won’t talk to Hull clubs but his Agent will.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

That is cute. Tests him out. To be honest would Warrington or St Helens want him?

As for Yorkshire, hasn't yer man burnt all the bridges in Leeds and Castleford.

Signing for Wakefield sadly anticipates the news blurb consisting of "Irate player," "Shocked eyewitness," "Dispute in takeaway," "Angry Castleford supporters," "Fighting continued in nightclub."

So its either Huddersfield under Tory Davy or wild card with Rangi at Rochdale. (Ok not in Yorkshire but near enough).

He'd be welcome at Featherstone.  I keep hearing rumours of him joining us, should we be promoted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

67 miles - the lad should grow up, i doubt he travels in rush hr traffic either. This shows the small minds of some players, "closer to his family" 67 miles is hardly the other end of the country.

It's a 3 hour round trip to Wigan, or 1.45hrs to Hull. That's a fair saving and it appears a bit petty from Lenegan, but I suspect he is playing to his club's supporters who are rightly peed off with the relaxed attitude to letting players leave.

Then following this up with a threat to hold him to a 1 year extension top seems a bit misguided. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, northamptoncougar said:

67 miles - the lad should grow up, i doubt he travels in rush hr traffic either. This shows the small minds of some players, "closer to his family" 67 miles is hardly the other end of the country.

I suspect there is more to this but.........M62 is a bad road now mate.  Major upgrades done to it but basically removing the hard shoulder and installing smart motorway controls.  

From memory, this year, Wakey took 3 hours to get to Wigan (could’ve been Wire).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a crafty move. Was his reason genuine, or was he tapped up?

He’ll also have the England coach in a World Cup year (if the Aussies deem us worthy) seeing what he’s made of. Over to you Mr H. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

From memory, this year, Wakey took 3 hours to get to Wigan (could’ve been Wire).

Surely if you know this and took on a job you would try and live closer to said job...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no issue with Lenegan doing this, particularly after the support they've given him.

If he was so concerned about travel etc. he could look at moving to somewhere between Manchester and Huddersfield for a year and be equidistant to the club and family. There's ways around it in the short term, if that is the geniune issue for him

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Surely if you know this and took on a job you would try and live closer to said job...

He has been living in the NW.  He’s a pro player and imo should be located in the area of the team he’s playing at.  However, he’s done that but now wants to move back.  Obv that would cause an issue and now rung alarm bells at Wigan.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

can wigan not arrange for their squad to travel to pontefract every other day to train with zak? at a time that suits him of course depending on if hes been clubbing the night before - is that unreasonable? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

    Zak is getting a bit of stick some of it deserved.But from the games i have seen on SKY he has been one of Wigan's better players this season.

I know, being a Hull FC fan and glass houses etc but...surely that's not saying much?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

England RU Coach Eddie Jones : "I spent a bit of time up at Hull and I like the full back there Connor, he's a tough, skilful player"

Jake Connor : "I've never played Union, it doesn't look that hard, you never say never but it looks too boring for me"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...