Transfer Rumour Mill 22/23

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well a report rather than a rumour, but Matt Shaw suggests that Bradford have had to withdraw their offer to hooker Curtis Davies because they still haven't found a resolution to the issue of how to get Dec Patton off the payroll.

This does beg the question, if they can't afford Davies - whose last 3 gigs were with Villeneuve, Workington and Whitehaven - how on earth could they afford Jack Walker? Hard not to think it's cost Leeds a fair bit to get him off the books.

Either that or he got it wrong in the first place and is now back tracking. There is money to spend on a 9 as Doyle has left I doubt they are not going to sign a hooker just because Patton is still on the books

7 minutes ago, OdsalBull said:

Either that or he got it wrong in the first place and is now back tracking. There is money to spend on a 9 as Doyle has left I doubt they are not going to sign a hooker just because Patton is still on the books

Possibly, Shaw isn't infallible but he's right a lot more often than he's wrong and is by some way the most reliable source amongst the UK RL media fraternity.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Possibly, Shaw isn't infallible but he's right a lot more often than he's wrong and is by some way the most reliable source amongst the UK RL media fraternity.

Didn't Shaw also say that Bradford intend to use Patton at 9 if he does stay?

No mention of Patton on the Toulouse Olympique website, but if he is going there, maybe to soon yet for an announcement.

Joe Bretherton is staying at TO XIII for what will be his fifth or sixth season there.

2 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Where have you seen that? They confirmed at their fans forum that there was 2 players coming from teams in the world cup QF, so would make sense that it's probably PNG and Fiji. Also stated 2 super league players were joining. Not sure who though.

Worldwide PNG RL news on Facebook.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 hour ago, Indigogo said:

Didn't Shaw also say that Bradford intend to use Patton at 9 if he does stay?

Doubt it. Lilley if anyone from Halves would be better at Hooker. Thought Hallas was staying as he can cover there. However his Australian club move has been cancelled......

Crikey I feel like I'm turning into Gledhill.

28 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Worldwide PNG RL news on Facebook.

Just had a look and it mentions that the player is thought to be a PNG Hunters Player, so that means it will be on of the below.

Kevin Appo

Sylvester Namo

Roderick Tai

Sherwin Tanabi

Wesser Tenza

Emmanuel Waine

6 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

No mention of Patton on the Toulouse Olympique website, but if he is going there, maybe to soon yet for an announcement.

Joe Bretherton is staying at TO XIII for what will be his fifth or sixth season there.

There will be news very soon, but I've not heard his name mentioned. Joe is recovering from an ankle op so it will be a while before he starts any pre-season

35 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Hellewell (not SL standard) to Salford, Taylor (who is SL standard) to Fev, very strange one that.

YOU say that D but Salford say 

Head Coach, Paul Rowley “I’m really pleased to welcome Ben to Salford. Having joined us for a month earlier this year, Ben’s durability and versatility proved invaluable. He’s a player who massively impressed us during his two-week loan spell in 2022 and will bring not just quality to the back-row, but an incredible work ethic 

1 hour ago, DG70 said:

Hellewell (not SL standard) to Salford, Taylor (who is SL standard) to Fev, very strange one that.

Where are Salford with their quota players? Would make more sense if they are keen to free a spot for another overseas player - Hellewell would be a downgrade on direct ability comparisons but is versatile, younger and (presumably) relatively cheap.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Where are Salford with their quota players? Would make more sense if they are keen to free a spot for another overseas player - Hellewell would be a downgrade on direct ability comparisons but is versatile, younger and (presumably) relatively cheap.

We have none left unless we get Sita to leave. Hellewell is a strange one for me as we’ve a lot or sr and centres s Who’d be ahead of him. But he’s a solid depth and player. On ET he’s been great for Salford but really looks like he’s on his last legs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Elliot Hall gone to Doncaster.

Pity, I really like him as a player.

I do see what you mean, seems a good lad with a great attitude but when you consider he couldn't really nail down a starting spot for a decent Batley side, ended up nowhere near one of our worst sides ever and has ultimately dropped down a league to Doncaster it probably tells us that he wasn't quite good enough  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Elliot Hall gone to Doncaster.

Pity, I really like him as a player.

Dons obviously getting frustrated with their promotion near misses. They've signed Brad Knowles too.

Edited by Griff

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

16 hours ago, OdsalBull said:

I do see what you mean, seems a good lad with a great attitude but when you consider he couldn't really nail down a starting spot for a decent Batley side, ended up nowhere near one of our worst sides ever and has ultimately dropped down a league to Doncaster it probably tells us that he wasn't quite good enough  

But what did he do wrong in any games for us.

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2022 at 14:07, The Phantom Horseman said:

The last 2 words are the important ones.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 14:10, OdsalBull said:

A Shaw back track and then takes a shot at the club in order to cover his own back.  He lack of proffesionism when it comes to Bradford is nothing short of embarrassing. 

We have let 17 senior players go from last year and only brought in 9 player so far.  3 of which are lads 20 and under (2 only on loan) another player who will be in the reserves, and another who was already with us last year anyway.  To suggest there is no money for any new signings is utter ridiculous. 

Edited by Ragingbull

37 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

A Shaw back track and then takes a shot at the club in order to cover his own back.  He lack of proffesionism when it comes to Bradford is nothing short of embarrassing. 

We have let 17 senior players go from last year and only brought in 9 player so far.  3 of which are lads 20 and under (2 only on loan) another player who will be in the reserves, and another who was already with us last year anyway.  To suggest there is no money for any new signings is utter ridiculous. 

Couldn't agree more, his agenda is bordering on embarrasing