Radford gets the boot

In this instance I believe the “by mutual consent” is actually nearer the truth than normal.

Radford will be off the Redcliffe and I suspect that Danny McGuire will fill the Cas Head Coach job after Andy Last has proved inadequate.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

In this instance I believe the “by mutual consent” is actually nearer the truth than normal.

Radford will be off the Redcliffe and I suspect that Danny McGuire will fill the Cas Head Coach job after Andy Last has proved inadequate.

Redcliffe? How many assistants do they want? They’ve already got Kristian Woolf and Nathan Fien. 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Obviously his handling of the Westerman situation, letting one of his team go on a 24 hour bender during and not dealing with it? 

DId they announce on Sky or down some back entry?

• Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, dkw said:

I expect its not that they lost to those 3 teams, more the manner in which they lost. Radford`s "style" is terrible to watch, his teams never seemingly have an actual gameplan other than run hard at them in the middle and hope someone does something off the cuff. 

You didn't watch the first half against Saints I take it?

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

just a tounge in cheek statement!

All my unserious stuff is tongue in cheek 'arry!

All my serious posts come with a free pinch of salt.

That's the purpose of social media isn't it?

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Lee Radford is a character with a great sense of humour and a good ambassador for the sport. He also knows his Rugby League.

When Brian Carney suggested he might be missing Hull 'FC' he replied 'Why would I ? I'm a Rovers fan'. Classic!

He'll soon be in another job I certainly hope so.

19 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Totally unfair on the Cas fans. Haven't even had chance to chant 'Radford Out'.

Totally unfair on Hull FC fans too, who still have a large unsold stock of t-shirts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 06/03/2023 at 13:27, ShropshireBull said:

Wigan saints and a narrow loss to Hull away. Not sure which one of those games was supposed to be a win tbh. 

St Helens. 

Half the team was in Bangkok on a stopover and given the travel, jet lag, inevitable celebrations etc, they should have performed properly and beaten Saints. 

I think we both know it is not simply the 3 defeats though. As I said in the pre match thread for the Wigan game, the culture at Castleford is clearly problematic. Their handling of the Westerman incident was shambolic. There was a clear and obvious lack of leadership. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madrileño said:

St Helens. 

Half the team was in Bangkok on a stopover and given the travel, jet lag, inevitable celebrations etc, they should have performed properly and beaten Saints. 

I think we both know it is not simply the 3 defeats though. As I said in the pre match thread for the Wigan game, the culture at Castleford is clearly problematic. Their handling of the Westerman incident was shambolic. There was a clear and obvious lack of leadership. 

Been like that for as long as I can remember. Players have been sh@gging each other's wives with alarming regularity. Players are seen very regularly on a bender round Ponte Carlo, on occasion the pub bogs in said town resemble a talcum powder factory after some of the playing squad have been in. There's been many a brawl that luckily for those involved hasn't made it to the papers.

Westerman's only crime was getting caught, although he was probably confident it'd get swept under the carpet (and it did).

• Like 1

I know Cas allowed Radford to work with Samoa during the World Cup but I'm not sure they expected it to have such an effect on the prep for this season. Didn't Radford go off to Samoa to celebrate? Fine, you might say he deserved it but the pre-season prep for Cas seems to have suffered. I suspect he has an assistant job lined up in the NRL, Cas have discovered this and decided to cut him loose now. 

I'm throwing a curveball out there. What about Simon Middleton? He had success in women's RU. He might have been removed from RL for too long but that never seems to be a problem for RL players crossing to RU coaching. I think head coaching these days is a lot more about setting a club's standards, culture, discipline etc. The tactics and gameplay can come from the assistants and senior players. Head coaches need leadership skills that I don't think Radford has. 

I just hope Cas avoid the tired old men of yesterday like Justin Morgan and Brian McDermott.