Wakefield certain to go down - What next?

Its gonna take a miracle now for Wakefield to stay up. I don't see where their next win comes, let's be honest the Championship beckons. 

So what now for the club? Are they planning to come straight back up through signing a new batch of players? 

Will the chairman stay on until new ownership comes in? 🤔 

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

Its gonna take a miracle now for Wakefield to stay up. I don't see where their next win comes, let's be honest the Championship beckons. 

So what now for the club? Are they planning to come straight back up through signing a new batch of players? 

Will the chairman stay on until new ownership comes in? 🤔 

They will be a good championship club and that is about their limit at this time 

Other clubs like Hull FC and  Castleford are restricted by poor leadership and lack of straregic direction. 

• Like 2

Who knows, the ground redevelopment gives us potential non match day income, however without a rich benefactor ala Beaumont we won't be head and shoulders above the other clubs, also I don't think a parachute payment is applicable anymore. I reckon we will end up a Halifax standard club. I have no issues with that.

• Like 5

If they are trying to get back to SL in 2025,then surely being Category A is most important, who cares about what happens on the pitch.

Get the stadium up to standard,  a big catchment area,  biggest city in England without a football league club. Tick all the boxes, and get invited back as  cat A club. Welcome to the new world of IMG.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

If they are trying to get back to SL in 2025,then surely being Category A is most important, who cares about what happens on the pitch.

Get the stadium up to standard,  a big catchment area,  biggest city in England without a football league club. Tick all the boxes, and get invited back as  cat A club. Welcome to the new world of IMG.

Never get BV to an A grade stadium 

18 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Who knows, the ground redevelopment gives us potential non match day income, however without a rich benefactor ala Beaumont we won't be head and shoulders above the other clubs, also I don't think a parachute payment is applicable anymore. I reckon we will end up a Halifax standard club. I have no issues with that.

You beat me to it.

Sounds about right. Halifax has weeds growing on the terraces in their stadium, mind. 

• Haha 1

Now, you see, the more people talk about Wakey going down, the more I think they'll survive. 

They've survived so many times. 

i think I've been indoctrinated!😁

• Like 1

As a Cas/RL fan I can clearly see the obvious potential of the city of Wakefield club. Lots of mean negativity on this thread but that says much of where the country is atm.

Up the Trin from WF10.

But not too much though......

• Like 5

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

31 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

As a Cas/RL fan I can clearly see the obvious potential of the city of Wakefield club. Lots of mean negativity on this thread but that says much of where the country is atm.

Up the Trin from WF10.

But not too much though......

Indeed. Dysfunctional, petty and parochial and then there is yer RL family...........

• Like 1

I do not fancy our chances against Wakey when it comes to the drop. They have an uncanny knack of staying up.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Hmm. Warrington to win the GF and Wakey to go down? In the same season? Those are 2 impossibilities, you can’t have them both in the same season, it would be like matter/antimatter, there would be a risk of time/space disruption. It’s one or the the other, sorry - but something would have to give. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If Wakefield and Cas both stay up and Fev as I expect get into SL, not as any of the clubs or their fans will have anything but joy about it how do people think it will go down with IMG.

There were many comments made about Leigh on promotion being a suburb of Wigan (8.5 mls distance between the stadiums) Warrington (8.6 mls) also very similar Saints (10.8mls) and Salford (11.1 mls) being so close, that we had comments as to there being to much area saturation.

Add in Leeds to the Wakefield trio and those 4 could be covered by a big blanket, that would be 75% or 3/4's of the League centralised on 2 small areas, it does not bother me in the slightest but what do others think?

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If Wakefield and Cas both stay up and Fev as I expect get into SL, not as any of the clubs or their fans will have anything but joy about it how do people think it will go down with IMG.

There were many comments made about Leigh on promotion being a suburb of Wigan (8.5 mls distance between the stadiums) Warrington (8.6 mls) also very similar Saints (10.8mls) and Salford (11.1 mls) being so close, that we had comments as to there being to much area saturation.

Add in Leeds to the Wakefield trio and those 4 could be covered by a big blanket, that would be 75% or 3/4's of the League centralised on 2 small areas, it does not bother me in the slightest but what do others think?

a lot of ifs and maybees there , you only have to look at the recent attendances at wigan , wire plus youre own club to see this would not be a problem

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The game of Rugby League at its most powerful, with attendance figures that exceed those of today, was built on teams that were/are neighbours to each other

• Like 1

Hate to say it as I do like Wakey as a club but its about time they went down, they have been making up numbers for far too long now, just happy to collect their SL funding every year and waste it every season. The irony isn't lost on me though that they are eventually doing something with their stadium about 2 decades after framing the future was talked about and just in time for when franchising is coming back in all but name. How much of a joke would it be if a forward thinking club like Fev finally achieved SL only to be relegated the following season in favor of Wakey who finish below the top 4 but make it in on off field criteria.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

a lot of ifs and maybees there , you only have to look at the recent attendances at wigan , wire plus youre own club to see this would not be a problem

51 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

The game of Rugby League at its most powerful, with attendance figures that exceed those of today, was built on teams that were/are neighbours to each other

As I said guys it does not bother me, I have said on more than one occasion concentrate on what we have and make it the best it can possibly be,  BUT as you both well know I do not speak for everyone and there are those who have far different opinions.