The 2024 Kit Thread

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

We’re getting a bit off topic here, fellas.

We need fresh kits to feast upon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Video games are fine?

Dunno mate, all that bang bang shoot 'em up, "Look at me, I'm a wizard ..."

Seems a bit mindless to me.

Really depends what games you play to be honest, I certainly don't play any modern games or consoles, I am in control of the content I am consuming on these games, no in game purchases, the following whats trending and only when I say so.

12 minutes ago, FileyBulldog said:

Really depends what games you play to be honest, I certainly don't play any modern games or consoles, I am in control of the content I am consuming on these games, no in game purchases, the following whats trending and only when I say so.

I think we need specifics. Are we talking Pac Man here or Crash Bandicoot?

• Haha 3

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

3 hours ago, FileyBulldog said:

Are we talking a homoerotic sport scoring 4 or 5 points for a try?

This account is banned. Don't respond as you'll be shouting into the wind.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Picked up a cheap 2023 Swinton home shirt for about 15-20 quid from the club - last of the big spenders!

Not the height of sartorial elegance compared to their previous efforts, but something to doss about indoors in.

Did have a look at Saints 2024 h & a, but they’re not for me this year although they’re the usual first port of call.

Used to take an interest in Huddersfield Giants when living briefly in Hebden a few moons ago so their retro Brisbane Brioncos esque kits seem okay to me as they remind me of that time.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

8 hours ago, ckn said:

There'll be a Time Crisis machine in Batley taking an absolute battering tonight. 

• Haha 6

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

13 hours ago, FileyBulldog said:

Streaming is all mindless entertainment as far as their "original" (usually some remake, sequel, prequel, reboot or other tired idea) content is garbage. No I do not watch NRL at all in any form, only overseas sport I watch is NHL and I am happy just watching the highlight packages on my teams website. I haven't watched regular TV since about 2011/12, despite a couple of brief steaming subscriptions here in there in that time period I am good just playing video games, reading books and you know going outside.....I don't even have a smartphone and you know what, it is easy to live that way. Not needing to mindlessly scroll every time I have a few seconds spare waiting for the green man or standing in a queue, being present in the moments, looking up.

On here. 

9 hours ago, ckn said:

Good news, I must say I did have my suspicions about him when he claimed he couldn't stand modern sitcoms on the TV thread and then said on this one that he hasn't even watched TV for 10 years anyway... 🤔

2 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

There'll be a Time Crisis machine in Batley taking an absolute battering tonight. 

Or possibly an Atari console currently undergoing a seriously enraged solo session of "Pong".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not a bad effort from Oxen. There is a current trend in team sports whereby the focus is fully on a pattern story, with the actual garment being pretty basic in its make-up - which should suit the likes of Oxen.

If you look at Nike, Adi, Puma most of the interest in their current kits is in the print pattern. No creative cut lines or inserts, just basic shape and interesting all over print pattern.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Been reading reports of Harry Arundel being touted for a move to the NRL. I rather he did not, as I am not a fan of union guys coming into League. We got a lot of wingers in our game, who are cheaper to purchase. Tom Johnstone at Catalans / Ash Handley and both have the pedigree of Rugby League. I do get mystified with reports like this. 

6 minutes ago, Coco said:

Been reading reports of Harry Arundel being touted for a move to the NRL. I rather he did not, as I am not a fan of union guys coming into League. We got a lot of wingers in our game, who are cheaper to purchase. Tom Johnstone at Catalans / Ash Handley and both have the pedigree of Rugby League. I do get mystified with reports like this. 

Maybe not the subject matter of this thread though......

• Like 1