2024 attendance thread

12 minutes ago, M j M said:

Is there any reason Souths aren't at the SFS? I thought they were moving back there?

I think Roosters are somehow stalling it, but I don’t think they can stall it for long.

11 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Sheffield v Wakefield 1,998

2k capacity at Championship level is terrible. Let's hope that new proposed stadium gets built!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, langpark said:

2k capacity at Championship level is terrible. Let's hope that new proposed stadium gets built!

The current ground would hold 10,000 if it was an NRL ground! It could easily be developed in to a much larger capacity with the banking in place already, but as always finance would be likely to be the issue. Current one is surely in a much better location than where the new one is planned, but others will know better than me on that one.

54 minutes ago, langpark said:

That's only 5k.

How often have Sheffield sold out recently? 2k is a decent championship attendance in a football obsessed city that is not part of the RL heartland. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

That's only 5k.

How often have Sheffield sold out recently? 2k is a decent championship attendance in a football obsessed city that is not part of the RL heartland. 

Alternatively, how much better would crowds be if you weren't paying to stand around field with a barrier round it?

I certainly didn't go last night because of this.

A better ground would be more appealing.

• Like 1

Definitely, there is no doubt that playing there is limiting their potential to grow. 

It seems a shame that the hill on the other side was completely empty, they should let fans into that area as well.

4 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

That's only 5k.

Seeing as Sheffield is in Yorkshire how long do they have to play RL there before it's accepted as heartland?

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Definitely, there is no doubt that playing there is limiting their potential to grow. 

It seems a shame that the hill on the other side was completely empty, they should let fans into that area as well.

H & S probably don’t allow it.

9 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I think Roosters are somehow stalling it, but I don’t think they can stall it for long.

Souths should go to Central Coast.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, John Rhino said:

Seeing as Sheffield is in Yorkshire how long do they have to play RL there before it's accepted as heartland?

West Yorkshire and the East Riding are heartlands, North and South Yorkshire are expansion territory.

• Like 3

If you told me, even 2 years ago, that Leigh would be getting over 8K for a regular league fixture against Cas I'd have laughed you out of town. 

Well done Leigh 👏

14 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

If you told me, even 2 years ago, that Leigh would be getting over 8K for a regular league fixture against Cas I'd have laughed you out of town. 

Well done Leigh 👏

Yeah, they’ve really turned their match days into must see events. How long has Derek been at the helm for?

8 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Yeah, they’ve really turned their match days into must see events. How long has Derek been at the helm for?

It’s great to see plenty of fans in the East stand now enjoy all the entertainment (off the pitch) 😂😂

Still averaging well over 8k which is commendable for a small Town team not getting the results nor giving tickets away like confetti. 

3 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

It’s great to see plenty of fans in the East stand now enjoy all the entertainment (off the pitch) 😂😂

Still averaging well over 8k which is commendable for a small Town team not getting the results nor giving tickets away like confetti. 

From afar, it simply appears that Leigh have pulled together this strong spirit of community all of a sudden. 

Beaumont has been at the club since the mid teens if I am not mistaken. So I am keen to identify what is different between the Centurions of 2017 and the Leopards of 2024 which has had such a marvellous impact on the club?

I really respect what has been achieved and whilst there are fruits of whatever labour there has been, I would anticipate a few more years in this same vein will be important to make a big impact among the still to be influenced next generation. Succeed with that and the club really does have a great future ahead of it.

24 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Seems that I'm the only one who noticed that Sky gave an attendance of 10500 for HKR.

Think they just assumed that 10500 is the capacity and every game is sold out

13 hours ago, Hopie said:

West Yorkshire and the East Riding are heartlands, North and South Yorkshire are expansion territory.

...except York.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, John Rhino said:

Plenty of Yorkshire where rugby league is an alien game.