Fri 24th Feb: SL: Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/23 at 20:30

Unfortunately for Wakefield their performance was so bad it's hard to be particularly enthusiastic about Wigan scoring 60 points. It was very, very easy for Wigan. To give us some credit our defence was impressive throughout and we kept up the intensity for most of the 80 minutes but there was very little set up required to score points in attack and the line speed down the middle meant even our not so strong pack of forwards just rolled all over them. Even on the couple of occasions Wakefield had repeat sets near the Wigan line they didn't remotely look like scoring.

Hopefully the win gives the Wigan players a bit of confidence after a tough opening game but unfortunately it's poor preparation for what is always a tricky away game for us at Cas.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

Unfortunately for Wakefield their performance was so bad it's hard to be particularly enthusiastic about Wigan scoring 60 points. It was very, very easy for Wigan. To give us some credit our defence was impressive throughout and we kept up the intensity for most of the 80 minutes but there was very little set up required to score points in attack and the line speed down the middle meant even our not so strong pack of forwards just rolled all over them. Even on the couple of occasions Wakefield had repeat sets near the Wigan line they didn't remotely look like scoring.

Hopefully the win gives the Wigan players a bit of confidence after a tough opening game but unfortunately it's poor preparation for what is always a tricky away game for us at Cas.

Aye, we played pretty well but we literally walked through some of the Wakey defence at times. Alarm bells ringing for Wakey and the new coach based on that. You usually see performances like that on the back of injury problems and once the early season enthusiasm has worn off, so for that to come in round two is not good. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Sleepless night tonight 

moody all day tomorrow 

start coming around Sunday

buy tickets for next game  Monday.

plenty of practice of this

Up the Trin 

You forgot to add Friday night, sleepless again and repeat

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

6 people on this forum thought Wakefield were going to win.

I'd love if at least a couple if them could explain which areas they thought Wakefield were stronger than that Wigan team. 

Its blind faithfull support with the optomist glasses on.

I had the same glasses as a Wigan supporter in the late 70s.

Some people will always back their team, some other people will always back Wigan to lose, just because its Wigan.

You read too much into the polls on here.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

some other people will always back Wigan to lose, just because its Wigan.

That is something I have noticed too.

I am not a Wigan fan, but I have noticed people can be as insulting as they like about Wigan on here, with zero consequences. It's like Wigan are the bad guys. 

Contrast that to certain other clubs, where 1 negative word about them has the moderator deleting posts, such is the level of protection they get on here. 

7 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Sleepless night tonight 

moody all day tomorrow 

Up the Trin 

Thats the spirit

See you at widnes next year

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Sleepless night tonight 

moody all day tomorrow 

Up the Trin 

We've all been there at one time or another.  The life of true supporter .👍

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

It’s looking like Wakefield’s season goals will again be to finish second bottom.

And a mighty ambitious goal it appears to be. I'll be amazed and delighted if we achieve it and then aim to kick on next year with improved income streams. I won't write them off completely as we've overcome the odds plenty in the past but to me this feels like it's the biggest mountain we've had to climb yet in playing terms since our 1988 promotion.

9 hours ago, Madrileño said:

I am not a Wigan fan, but I have noticed people can be as insulting as they like about Wigan on here, with zero consequences. It's like Wigan are the bad guys. 

Contrast that to certain other clubs, where 1 negative word about them has the moderator deleting posts, such is the level of protection they get on here. 

Same with Leeds

The highlights look like a Challenge Cup game for Wigan against a part time League One side. Wakefield are adding absolutely nothing to the league in their current state (except an easy two points for almost everyone else).

9 hours ago, Madrileño said:

I know, right? It’s almost like you bought the league for a decade with money it turns out you didn’t actually have, destroying all sense of competition and almost killing the entire sport in the process… 🤣

B8C60567-CACD-418A-9F1A-B80B618C57BE.webp

• Like 4

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

11 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Refs fault……

Surely it is the fault of Willie Poching - if you were foolish enough to believe such disrespectful individuals. 

https://www.totalrl.com/tom-lineham-rips-into-willie-pochings-tactics-and-training-methods-at-wakefield-trinity/

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

10 hours ago, Madrileño said:

6 people on this forum thought Wakefield were going to win.

I'd love if at least a couple if them could explain which areas they thought Wakefield were stronger than that Wigan team. 

Two factors - 1. Wigan were really bad for most of the game last week, and 2. I always vote against my team. It's the only superstition I allow myself.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson