What Club Do You Support?

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

First game ever was GB vs New Zealand at Headingley 1985.

I don't remember seeing you. Where were you?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Fan of Catalans and Toulouse but more of an overall fan of the game since 2012 when I accidentally watched a challenge cup semi final on TV.

First live game was watching Ireland get destroyed 50-0 by Australia in the 2013 RLWC in the ####### rain in a Limerick stadium that ran out of beer at half time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, latchford albion said:

My dad's team.  Have you fallen out of love with the Chemics Spidey?

I’m yet to be convinced - last few years have felt like a chore 

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Supported Saints from about 1987 due to family connection.

Quite liked the underdog tag around that time and later when playing Wigan.

Soft spot for Swinton too.

I remember one game in 1987 when Saints were not underdogs. 😃

Fax from around '86. Kind of makes me a glory fan I guess.

• Like 2

Workington Town, my uncle took me to my first game when I was 6, became a ritual we would go the sweet shop on the way to Derwent Park. Bovril at half time to warm up, few pints in the lounge after (him, not me, obviously). He knew most of the players, had played with some of them, I was in awe. My Grandad had a seat for life, the club was like a religion for me.

I also have a soft spot got Cas, loved the late 80's teams, and also had some great booze up with there fans after mixing with them at the 94 premiership finals.

• Like 1

First game 1979, October, Widnes v Castleford.

My brother had been the week before and raved like mad, so I decided to go. 

Watching Keith Bentley run the length of the pitch convinced me.

10 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

I know some are obvious on here but some I've known who've posted fir 20 years and still don't know who they support lol.

For those that don't know I'm Bradford Bulls first game 1987.

Be careful with this, folks. He's got your favourite sports team, plus favourite player and year of birth in many cases. If he just asks your mother's maiden name, too, that'll be a good chance of password and memorable question being guessable ...

Leed5Rh1n05...

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, N2022 said:

Be careful with this, folks. He's got your favourite sports team, plus favourite player and year of birth in many cases. If he just asks your mother's maiden name, too, that'll be a good chance of password and memorable question being guessable ...

Leed5Rh1n05...

I was wary when he sent me a message asking for my first pets name and my school nickname .

Though I'm still not sure what he'll do with the answers of "bitey little git" and "tripod".

9 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

what's mine named after?

A condom and some dogging event from the early 1960s?

• Haha 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Fev.

Football fan as a kid, encouraged by mum to not glory hunt and support local. She, as her side of the family were (my dad's side were Welsh, so no RL affiliation) were from Cas. I was brought up in Pontefract however, and at that time at least (late 80s to early 90s), want that you were Fev fan. At that time at least, the M62 was the dividing line.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

My dad's been following London in all of it's guises since the first game of Fulham - So I guess I started as a fan as soon as I started going to games in the 90's (not sure what age I first went to a game!)

My only real memories in the 90s are Offiah scoring at Wembley for us against Leeds, and we were seated on the side where ran straight past us(I repressed the rest of the game), and I remember late night games at The Stoop with Tulsen Tollett (my favourite player growing up) and the WCC games we had there I remember as well. 

Don't really remember much of any SL games I went to, which I guess shows the impact of playing the Aus teams.

• Like 1