4 Oct: Super League Semi-Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/18 at 18:45

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No pressure on Warrington here as they're expected to be massive underdogs.   Although a win is unlikely for them, I think it could be very close if both teams are on form.   If it goes to the wire (no pun intended) I'd expect Warrington's lack of match-winners or a cool-headed half back will result in another close loss...   what we need is a Gareth O'Brien.   Oh wait, we had one!

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Tough to call. Saints had a tough couple of months but seem to have played themselves back into a bit of form since the Wigan game, and Barba has picked a bit more of his early season swagger again.

Wire seem to play a bit better away at Saints than at home these days so I don't see there being much in it either way.

A month or so ago I would have been dreading this fixture with the way Saints were playing. Key players tried to play through injuries and it just didn't work out with several of them seeing a big drop off in form. However Holbrook has been able to rest them over the last month and allow them all time to recover full fitness (notably Barba & Roby) so aside from Walmsley they have a fully fit squad to pick from.

I think Saints will take this one as they have more match winners in the team capable of changing the game. Barba is getting back to his early season form as is Percival, Lomax is playing some of his best rugby for years, Roby is back to control the middle and Thompson is in the form of his life at the moment.

If Saints can control the kick returns from Ratchford and put pressure on Brown near the end of each set then I tink they could control the game

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Wire to bring in Steve Macnamara for a guest coaching session before the game.

Saints 22 Wire 38.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Would like to see Wire win this one but Stains have found their feet again, so I've gone for them, probably by 6-10 points.

If Stains lose can we have a re-run of their fans cheering when they drew Catalans for the semi -final, just to drive the knife home a bit more?

We have played Warrington, Castleford and Wigan 10 times over the course of the season and won 9 of those matches, so I don't fear this game or, in the event that we win, a Grand Final the following week.

Saying that, this is a one-off game, the away side usually wins in Saints - Warrington matches, and Saints record in big matches over the last few years is poor. Admittedly, Warrington's isn't much better.

We'll go in as favourites and I feel a lot more comfortable after two good performances over the last few weeks. Not to take anything away from Catalans excellent semi-final performance, but we gave them a leg up with 6 errors in the first 20 minutes.

If we can handle the pressure, stay patient and cut out the errors, I'm confident that we'll win. But Warrington will throw everything they have at us, like they did in the match in July, and if it comes off, they are capable of top performances like they showed in the cup against Wigan.

I'm in no doubt it will be close - my prediction, Saints by 7 (I certainly hope so!)

I genuinely think Wire will win this tonight

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Wire should take a look at Saints’ performances against FC and Catalans in the Cup (and Wigan the other week). Get among them, play at tempo, run at their non tacking smaller men, and offload. Wire have the personnel to do that, especially if Clark is given his head. 

Given the 8s format and dragged out season it's hard to be as excited about this match as I would have Been after round 23. Which is a shame as its a Semi final for SL! 

I see Saints to win this and hopefully show they are ready to front up to Wigan in the final after being well beaten by them last time out. 

Barba will need to show top form if they are to trouble Wigan. 

Saints by 10 points. 

2 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

I genuinely think Wire will win this tonight

I would love a win however Wires have lost far too many big games in recent semi finals and finals.  I fear heads may go down quickly and saints will then blast us away. 

Hope I’m wrong.

atkins has been dropped 

Archived