Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I for one am glad that Super League is finally expanding to other areas of Wigan. 🤣

In all seriousness it's not the choice I would've made but if I had to pick a team to be competitive in Super League next season it would've been them. 

As long as this is just a place filler until P&R starts again next season then they'll have to earn their place next year. If we were going into licensing and this decision had been made then I might've been more bothered. I can see Toulouse replacing Wakey or Hull KR next year.

2 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Well I for one am glad that Super League is finally expanding to other areas of Wigan. 🤣

In all seriousness it's not the choice I would've made but if I had to pick a team to be competitive in Super League next season it would've been them. 

As long as this is just a place filler until P&R starts again next season then they'll have to earn their place next year. If we were going into licensing and this decision had been made then I might've been more bothered. I can see Toulouse replacing Wakey or Hull KR next year.

I can see them replacing Leigh.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Well hopefully we can give it good go, now I am interested who the proposed signings are.

Looked at my watch up to the announcement it was 115 bps.

As a Batley fan congratulations! It's fantastic news!

Leigh have always been great to watch and the fans are very knowledgeable and support their side in numbers.

I will miss the fans in the championship but I am really pleased for you all!

3 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

"We've got a bit of a PR issue lads, in that we're seen as a small-town sport with no ambition and an actual hostility towards anyone who might actually want to attract new fans to the game."

"What we need is another team from Wigan. That'll sort it."

"Great."

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

Let's see how much value Leigh add to the competition now...........

These are the issues now. 

Some people have got exactly what they wanted, exactly what they argued so vociferously was for the best. They have got it. All is left now is the results. 

As ive said earlier in the thread. Elstones made his decisions and the game is built now as he wanted it to be. Over the next year the game either looks very very different and in a much better place. Or he has gone and the 'heartland' myth is consigned to history. 

Congrats to Leigh however sadly (And no disrespect to them) SL has taken a real backward step here however looking forward to the Championship and hopefully some coverage on SKY next season as from a sponsorship point of view it is a far more interesting competition to sell with a wider footprint and demographic.

4 minutes ago, fevtom said:

The chair made it clear on Sky news, P&R next season, the right and correct way is what he said. 

4 minutes ago, fevtom said:

The chair made it clear on Sky news, P&R next season, the right and correct way is what he said. 

A big blow for French rugby league. But in this context of pandemic and hard Brexit, it may be a good thing for Toulouse to be patient and to gain promotion in the field.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Archived