Degsy Strikes Again

Derek Beaumont has done an outstanding job in rebranding Leigh Leopards. His effort, creativity, imagination, resiliance, dedication and pure effort has been nothing short of sensational. 

They are the team everyone is taking notice of and i applaud him. 

For some bigoted, half witted moron to use the name of the great Steve Prescott in an effort to take the mickey out of derek, leaves me shaking my head in both sorrow and despair at some people who follow our sport

Keep up the amazing work Derek

Edited by The storm
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, The storm said:

Derek Beaumont has done an outstanding job in rebranding Leigh Leopards. His effort, creativity, imagination, resiliance, dedication and pure effort has been nothing short of sensational. 

For some bigoted, half witted moron to use the name of the great Steve Prescott in an effort to take the mickey out of derek, leaves me shaking my head in both sorrow and despair at some people who follow our sport

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick my guy.

• Like 1

Just now, The storm said:

Have i 

Oh🙂❤️

Degsy replied to the Steve Prescott twitter account, not fully realising who it was.

For all his faults, this one was a genuine mistake and he's apologised. I actually thought it was quite funny, as I'm sure the great man Steve probably would have too.

• Like 2

Agree with concensus here.

Even in making a mistake Beaumont is doing so in an amiable manner, while his subsequent apology is sincere and constructive. 

Having read the IMG recommendations earlier this week, we need more club owners like Beaumont.

His contribution to RL's engagement and media standing is, on balance, positive and the club looks to be in a good place. 

• Like 2

It looks like, because of this, Leigh will work with the Steve Prescott Foundation and help a good cause.

No doubt someone will find a negative in this happy accident.

Testicles to them.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, The storm said:

Jeez someone loves Degsy.🤗😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, meast said:

Would it not be better to have someone checking his SM posts before they go out?

It would possibly avoid situations like this which are more embarrassing than offensive, but would also come across as a lot more professional.

Did you copy and paste those words from a Gary Lineker debate??

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

You know what is really annoying about this whole episode? Twice, yes TWICE he uses "your" instead of "you're" 🤬🤬🤬🤬........😀😀😀😀😀

Your correct 😉

A part of me died when the BBC website made the same error.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The amount of charity donations and causes that DB donates to on a regular basis are staggering.

We made our first visit to Leigh Leopards for the Salford Red Devils opening match one of the friendliest clubs i have ever been to.

Well done on a great start to the season and lets move on.

Paul

1 minute ago, dkw said:

I cant stand him, he's a boorish ######, but this was blatantly a mistake made with no malice, using it against him is crass and unnecessary...

He needs a filter..is he married?

7 hours ago, meast said:

Would it not be better to have someone checking his SM posts before they go out?

It would possibly avoid situations like this which are more embarrassing than offensive, but would also come across as a lot more professional.

It's his personal twitter account, people know what they are getting. An excitable daft lad. I don't think that needs to change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The amount of charity donations and causes that DB donates to on a regular basis are staggering.

We made our first visit to Leigh Leopards for the Salford Red Devils opening match one of the friendliest clubs i have ever been to.

Well done on a great start to the season and lets move on.

Paul

and he rarely comments on them also, in the past few weeks we have Fev fans claiming Beaumont slugged it out with Jukes at the Salford game and now this. In between Beaumont was standing up for Campbell and P&R. He was on auto pilot responding to well wishers, the charity accepted it and will benefit further from it, and as they said he has raised money for them previously. Knowing the family I know they donate £100k’s annually but let the haters hate

14 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

but let the haters hate

Well no actually, letting them get on with it means we're part of the problem.

Although social media has turned out to be Pandora's Box and unleashed millions of Mr Angries from everywhere that doesn't mean keeping quiet nor having a go at those who keep our game going because we don't like or agree with waht they say or do. Any forum or place to post is too often an area for anger, abuse and the right to be heard no matter how obnoxious, hurtful and hateful you're being.

None of us deserve that.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Ok Derek donates a lot of money to charity which is commendable, it doesn't make him a saint though. A certain Yorkshireman raised millions for charity but wasn't exactly a nice bloke was he? And no I'm not comparing Derek to him but you get the gist right? Lots of rich people donate (as do poor folk), it doesn't make them a perfect human being.

As for the Twitter comment, yes it was stupid, but it was completely unintentional so you move on. He'll no doubt post something far more offensive/intentional at some point which we can laugh/cringe at because that's his personality. He's brash and a bit of a balloon, he just happens to be bankrolling his local club and, for the time being at least, it's bringing on field results (which Leigh are rightly getting plaudits for).

18 hours ago, Damien said:

It is obviously an unintentional error and mistake on Beaumont's part and I am certain he didn't mean to cause offence. The Steve Prescott charity has already accepted his apology and moved on and understood it for what it was.

This thread should be taken down. It was an error, move on

36 minutes ago, Pie tries said:

This thread should be taken down. It was an error, move on

That depends on what the discussion point is, praticising what we preach from top to bottom, on any forum, would be quite a start.

"They say the human race is falling on its face ..."

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political