Players You Were Most Disappointed In Losing From Your Club.

8 hours ago, roversspud said:

Steve Nash ! As a 13 year old I cried when he left Rovers to go to Salford. Best player I've seen on a regular basis live. He could do everything 

That's interesting cos I was about the same age when Peter Banner went in the opposite direction and I was gutted to lose him!

• Haha 1

Another one was Luke Robinson (plus a few others such as Kevin Brown) to Huddersfield, as the club decided not to give home grown talent the chance they'd earned.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bob Haigh and David Smith to Leeds.

Berwyn Jones to Bradford

Keith Smith to early retirement.

Willie Poching to Leeds.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Gary Price leaving Wakey for Fev hit me hard as a 10yr old in 1993! Lots of others over the years.

Recently, I could deal with Miller going but losing Johnstone and Batchelor was grim. 

8 hours ago, Hanover XIII said:

Offiah. Followed by the backbone of the late 80s early 90s team once financial realities began to bite after the 93 Cup final.

This was the beginning of the end for that great team, it slowly went downhill after that.

Also some years later Sean Long going to Saints. Don't really blame him because we were rubbish at the time. He wasn't with us very long but I had hopes we could build a better team around him.

• Like 1

Scott Gibbs he was the ideal foil for Newlove on the other side and was developing into a really good RL player. Would’ve been great for him to finish his career in RL to see how good he could become. 

• Like 1

Les Holliday to Halifax, knew he was too good for us but the way he left with our board sacking his dad was terrible. Chris O’Sullivan as well when the same board decided to give up on staying up and send our overseas signings home half way through the season.

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

13 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Graham Steadman.

More than Deryck Fox and Paul Newlove which makes no sense, but there you go.

The bloke was pure class , when we won promotion the first big hitters to visit Clarence St were Widnes and they were backing off him , not having a clue what he was going to do with the ball.....neither did we the supporters.

• Like 1

Not my club and while he was a good player, he wasn't great but the way Denny Solomona left Castleford and Rugby League left a very poor taste in the mouth. 'Retiring' from rugby league, with two years still remaining on his contract was a farce.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I was actually gutted that Steve Halliwell left Leigh in 1986 to join St.Helens.

First game of the season Saints v Leigh at Knowsley Road; Halliwell gets the ball from the kick off, and Tony Cottrell completely poleaxes him.

2 hours ago, Griff said:

Cliff Lyons could have done great things at Sheffield.

OH well in that case I was upset when Wally Lewis went home to Australia

2 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

Can you imagine if warrington had the financial muscle in the 90s that they have now? We could've had both Harris and Sculthorpe playing in the same team together for years. 

Add in Briers and it’s not a bad spine to start off from. 

On 11/05/2024 at 07:53, Dunbar said:

Not my club and while he was a good player, he wasn't great but the way Denny Solomona left Castleford and Rugby League left a very poor taste in the mouth. 'Retiring' from rugby league, with two years still remaining on his contract was a farce.

I have quite a list of players who walked out on contracts or failed to bother after signing a contract elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

I have quite a list of players who walked out on contracts or failed to bother after signing a contract elsewhere.

ok, thanks.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris