25 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Exciting times and this all seems really promising. I'm really surprised by Ford being involved, as I presume he really has no need and can earn more than enough in RU, but he is obviously doing it for the right reasons. I really hope Oldham can tap into its RL community again and lapsed fans and families.

• Like 5

Sounds like really positive news, Oldham were a strong club when I was growing up and it would be great to see them rise again.

Lots of hard work, but the potential is there.

Be interested to know more about why the consortium decided now is the right time.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Great news for the game. Really pleased for the Oldham fans. Up the IMG Yeds!

There was weird me thinking why a League 1 side,in a town,close to other rugby league clubs,unlikely to gain promotion this year with onfield results,when I saw this - https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/september/26092018-led-advertising/

Yep.IMG approved.

Just wait till Keighley Cougars play at Turf Moor.Premier League soccer club.Huge catchment.That'll show 'em!

Good luck Oldham.Brilliant by the previous owner,Mr Hamilton.He certainly had his critics but he has kept the club going and appears to have handed over to people capable of a much better future.

Bravo,sir!

• Like 11

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

This looks like great news for Oldham.

I'm old enough to remember when Oldham was a real hotbed for RL and had a team to be reckoned with as well.

Hopefully, they can get promoted this year, move (back) to their new stadium and make a real push from 2024 onwards.

• Like 4

For all the apparent doom and gloom about the lower leagues we have Oldham with new owners, Skolars awaiting due diligence to be completed for their new owners, the Midlands rebrand a year ago and big crowds at Cornwall. 

All the best to Oldham, there’s the makings of a big club there if they get things right and are willing to commit for the long term. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Fantastic seems a lifetime since the Watershedings I fondly remember the stand behind the goal it was rather like being at the opera:)

Paul

I also remember the double decker stand behind the posts. Ironically, the last time I attended a Leigh match at Watersheddings in the late Eighties it was abandoned by a referee Mr. Mean after a mass brawl in the 2nd half with Leigh leading by 26-14. The result did not stand and we lost the replayed game!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The start of what we all hope will be a strong revival in Oldham even merits a column written by Ross Heppenstall in the sports section of today's edition of The Times, not a paper noted for over generous RL coverage.  No doubt the RU links helped to secure the column inches, but, hey, it's still good to see.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

.... and bring back the classic Oldham Bears logo

and Andy Goodway.