Fri 3rd Mar: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/23 at 20:30

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

How is that not an illegal shoulder charge?

He said he hadn’t rotated enough to make it a shoulder charge I.e. he was still square on so technically blocked him rather than used a shoulder charge. It’s the rotation part that needs analysing

• Like 1

We should never hear from Wilkin on commentary again after that by the way. Completely disgraceful to accuse Myler of a dive.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

He was sent for direct contact with the head, not just a shoulder charge. 

There was direct contact with the head in the first challenge so ...

• Confused 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

A bad call against Saints but if the ref didn't see it then he is right to penalise Welsby.

Game stopped that is where the video ref should intervene diabolic refereeing. Leeds played well but for the second night running the referee decided the result.

• Thanks 1

One hell of a win for the unfancied visitors. Fun to watch, too - this Leeds vintage have plenty of errors in them, but they play an entertaining style when they're not dropping the ball.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, LeeF said:

He said he hadn’t rotated enough to make it a shoulder charge I.e. he was still square on so technically blocked him rather than used a shoulder charge. It’s the rotation part that needs analysing

And can that be looked at by the video ref (Genuine Q)

But he went in with his shoulder so rotation seems irrelevant?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think just banning tackling the kicker would make things a lot more clear going forward. That or constructing a 10 foot wall around the kicker just in case a player wants to go within 20 yards of them.

Edited by sam4731
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Shocking refereeing yet again. No standards, no consistency. Rfl please get a grip of yourselves.

It's the second night in a row the referee has decided to be the star by giving dramatic decisions.

Kendall had a horrendous last ten minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Wow. I'm not one to criticise refs, and I'm very happy that Leeds won. But they are right to feel very hard done to. 

Who....Leeds?

Should they have won by more?

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)